• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upate 7/18: Due to user feedback...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
We have decided to abandon the third person follow camera idea for level four. Initially I had thought that it might be interesting to go through a "castle" type level with a more up close and personal view, but unfortunately a follow cam tends to be difficult to control and can sometimes cause movement problems when near walls, so for now level four will be changed back to a more traditional type camera, pending discovery of an alternate to our original idea.

Level 13
Good idea. This cam was nice, but sometimes it was really hard to move the hero to the correct position. Perhaps the player can choose between both cams, e.g. with a chat message event?

Still it was kinda cool to move in third-person-view in the building, although the battle against that beast (forgot the name... :roll: ) got chaotic.

Level 2
The beasts name was The Forvalaka, sort of a jungle cat type creature from times past in the Black Company universe. We're experimenting with our camera options, we may end up redoing the level entirely to accomodate a new camera style, but maybe not. One thing we would love to have is a new Forvalaka model but the lack of talented modelers in the wc3 community leaves us few options, and I don't have the clout to say, have a contest advertised on the front page to make a model for me. :)

Level 2
Hey, i think its a good idea the third view things, maybe u could use it and make better movement if ur character would be able to move with w,s,a,d keys as a fps, but when facing the Forvalaka the camera changes to traditional one.

Level 3
I would like to help you with this campaign. If you need help with character ideas, triggers, cinematics, or anything else outside of skinning and modelling i'll be glad to help

Status
Not open for further replies.