• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Up the level of Unit Spells on a Hero

Level 3
First off, I hope you all know how to add a Unit Spell to the hero abilities. If you do great, if not, here's how:

FIRST:
Make a spell (unit spell) with OBJECT MANAGER under the ABILITIES tab

SECOND:
Complete that unit spell so it has whatever you need on it. Make sure it has multiple levels! (i.e. Max Level: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc.)

THIRD:
Go to the UNITS tab of the OBJECT MANAGER and create a small custom hero (if you don't already have one).

FOURTH:
Find the ABILITIES - NORMAL Section (3rd one on the list, where Hero Inventory is) and add the unit spell (not hero!) to the list and press OK.

There, you're all set up!

Now the spell will be placed on your hero at the start of the game, but you will NOT get the opportunity to level it up with your hero skill points.
An easy way to solve this is by using a simple trigger. Yes, a VERY simple trigger, even a beginner can find this (even though it took me awhile).

• Automatic Skill Level
    • Events -
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions -
      • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to <Your Hero>
    • Actions -
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions -
          • (Level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to <Hero Level to up the Skill>
        • Then - Actions -
          • Unit - Set level of <Your Skill> for (Leveling Hero) to ((Level of <Your Skill> for (Leveling Hero)) + 1)
        • Else - Actions -
          • <None>
For every level up (I did this for easier purposes) you can make a new trigger, just set the IF - CONDITIONS and change the level of the hero, but BE SURE to make a new trigger page for the new one.

Example:
You have one trigger page to make the skill level up to level two. You want it to get to level three, right? Simple, make ANOTHER trigger page and set the <Hero Level to up the Skill> at a higher point. I'll show you one of my triggers. That might make things easier for you.

• Blood Sucker lvl2
    • Events -
    • Conditions -
      • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Alucard
    • Actions -
        • If - Conditions -
          • (Level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 5
        • Then - Actions -
          • Unit - Set level of Blood Sucker for (Leveling Hero) to ((Level of Blood Sucker for (Leveling Hero)) + 1)
        • Else - Actions -
          • <None>

Page 2: (for level 3 skill, all you change is the IF - CONDITIONS)
  • Blood Sucker lvl3
    • Events -
    • Conditions -
      • (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Alucard
    • Actions -
        • If - Conditions -
          • (Level of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to 10
        • Then - Actions -
          • Unit - Set level of Blood Sucker for (Leveling Hero) to ((Level of Blood Sucker for (Leveling Hero)) + 1)
        • Else - Actions -
          • <None>
As you can see, the first page levels up the skill ONCE when the hero reaches level 5. BUT in the second page, when the hero reaches level 10, the skill levels up to level 3.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it was fun and easy for you to understand!
If you have any problems regarding this tutorial, please contact me via e-mail ([email protected]) or PM me on this site.

Thank you, I hope this helps with your maps :thumbs_up:!
~PlayersFear

P.S: Edit the trigger as needed.

EDIT:
I'm not the best trigger creator, so these won't be the most advanced triggers, but they will be the simple triggers that will give you the basics of how to do what. I also (personally) prefer different pages of triggers so I don't get all confused when I have to look for the trigger to edit it.

Last edited: