• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unnit comes within X range of Unit, or enters Rect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Which is the better one to use, and why?

This would be a trigger that was constantly performing for multiple areas across the board. I haven't seen anything wrong with either, but it's been bugging me and stopping my progress. Haha

Are there cons to "Unit comes within X range of Unit"?

This is for a neutral handling trigger, because neutral units tend to ignore the buildings they need to be attacking.

Level 12
can you illustrate more please ?

I sure can.

attachment.php

Attachments

• illustrated.jpg
    illustrated.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 299
Level 3
well it depends what your doing, just like nodrek said can you illustrate more?

If its a spell id use the unit comes within X range because of you use a rect, it has to be preset.( i think there is a move rec to loc) but still, would be better for a spell and id use either of them depending on what i want for an in game system

Level 12
well it depends what your doing, just like nodrek said can you illustrate more?

If its a spell id use the unit comes within X range because of you use a rect, it has to be preset.( i think there is a move rec to loc) but still, would be better for a spell and id use either of them depending on what i want for an in game system

Illustrate MORE?

It's either I'm using a unit comes within X range, or a unit enters rect. Both do what I want it to do. One a circle, one a square. I can do the same thing with both of them.I'm asking if there are any reasons why I should use one over the other.

It's not about a "game system", it's about the two different functions that both do what I want. If you guys need more illustration than that, then you guys simply don't have the answers I'm asking for.

It has nothing to do with moving rects around or anything. It works the same way regardless of how I script it. Do you still not understand
attachment.php

Attachments

• what.JPG
    what.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 274
Level 3
use unit comes with x in range unless unless unit enters rect is easier
this way you don't have to deal with rects

Level 12
use unit comes with x in range unless unless unit enters rect is easier
this way you don't have to deal with rects

That's so not what I was asking. =\

I don't care about dealing with rects. It's either I deal with a rect, or I deal with a unit. I'm just curious as to which one is the better choice based on fact- not opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.