• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Unknown reason for trigger not working..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is a list of triggers im using for a troll race in a game the only problem is that at first there were 5 triggers (1 for each of 5 units) but when i went in and tested the unit no matter what ability I pick a unit called "stealth trooper"
would replace the unit and not the unit that was put in the triggers below. Seeing if deleting the "stealth trooper" trigger would fix the problem i went back and tested it, but instead of there being a "stealth trooper" that would come up on every thing a "spear thrower unit would come up.. I check everything not in the triggers (units, research and upgrades) that had anything to do with the units but I can't find any reason for what is happening!

• shadow priest
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Priest class
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphDoneGround.mdl
      • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Shadow Priest using The old unit's relative life and mana
  • tapper
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Tapper class (axe)
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Casting unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphDoneGround.mdl
      • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Trapper using The old unit's relative life and mana
  • mount
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mounted Raptor class
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Raptor mounted troll using The old unit's relative life and mana

• spear
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Spear Thrower class
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Casting unit) with a Spear Thrower using The old unit's relative life and mana

Level 6
No man you need to change the bas e order ID in order to have same rooted ability work on same unit.

Example: You made two abilities from War Stomp, for one ability leave warstomp ID and for other change it something else (thunderclap?!?!?)

Check my map BattleChasers!

Level 12
Base order id is for channel, spellbook and something else that I do not remember atm.
For an ability based on something else you need to change the Order Sting Use/Turn on.

Level 12
Dude :D
You didn't get it...
Changing Base Order ID is only for some spells and it is NOT required in this case. Only the Order Sting Use/Turn on should be changed.

Level 12
What motivated me to post that was this:
you must base them off different abilities or change the order strings
I thought you wanted to base your abilities on channel(for example) so that you can edit their Base order ID so that you could order the units to cast them :D
BUt now that all things are cleared up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.