• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units won't go slow enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there,

I'm currently making a cinematic in which a group of units (in this case NE huntresses, archers, wisps and a warden) move through the desert at a slow pace with a group of uprooted ancients.

I'm trying to get them all to move at the same speed so that the units do not leave the ancients behind.

So after ordering the units to move off across the desert to a region on the other side of it, I've been using the GUI trigger to set their movement speed and have tried this in two ways.

Firstly, I tried to set the units' speeds to that of one of the ancients (tree of life):

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable Map Area) owned by Player 3 (Teal)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Tree of Life 008 <gen>)
And then, when that didn't work, I tried manually setting the speed of all the units to the lowest value I could without it being negligible(2):

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable Map Area) owned by Player 3 (Teal)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to (2)
Neither of these things have worked. The units still shoot off ahead of the column. So, is there any way to do this? Or does anyone have any experience of this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Level 3
Have you modified the universal minimum unit movespeed?
Have you set the minimum movespeed of each unit type to the appropriate value?

I haven't tried either of those things. I'll try each one in turn and let know you how it goes.

Level 3
Have you modified the universal minimum unit movespeed?
Have you set the minimum movespeed of each unit type to the appropriate value?

The second fix has worked brilliantly. Didn't know about that minimum/maximum value cap occurring in non-edited units. Thanks a bunch!

Feel a bit stupid for it being such an easy fix, but it's another lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.