• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Units created for Neutral Extra keep moving back to creation point - How to prevent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm using the Neutral Extra player for various purposes, but for some reason, when I create units for them via a trigger and order them to, for example, go somewhere, they will do it for a few seconds, but then walk back to where the trigger created them. This doesn't happen to pre-placed units.

How can I prevent Neutral Extra units from constantly interrupting the commands given to them? I don't want them to to walk back to where they spawned.

I deleted all triggers right down to only having a simple create unit and issue order trigger, yet it still occurs, so I am assuming that this is a default behaviour. I also just made a quick new map without anything on it and it happens even there.

See attached map for an example.

Attachments

• extra_walk_back.w3x
    16.9 KB · Views: 22
Level 5
Changing Guard Return Time seems to work, but I also use Neutral Hostile creeps normally, and I think changing this gameplay constant will screw them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.