• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UniTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
* Map name: Uni TD

* Name of the creator(s): KingLz

* Current stage of the map: Alpha

* Summary of the map gameplay/objectives: Tower Defense // 5 Man Team

* Map features: 2 GameModes, 5 Difficulties, Highscore System, 36 Level (48 planned), 3 Races (more planned)

* Still to do: Races, Models, Balancing, Theme, Tooltips // Names

* Last Update: 7.27.07

Attachments

• unitd.jpg
    unitd.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 130
  • UniTD_A0.08_protected.w3x
    183.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Level 3
Have you tested the map ?
I guess not.

Anything exept the names of the towers and creeps is in english.
If that is a problem for you.........

Guess you just red the post and had to flame right ?

Level 8
My Vote:

Total : 8/10
A very good Tower Defence Map. I like its style, the maze one.
Towers : 8/10
I like the towers very much. You should change the names and make them english to make your map better. You should also add upgrades, becouse already at level 6 the game is quite hard even for very easy difficulty.
Loading Screen : 9/10
Its in german and i dont understand anything. I like though the style and seems very elegant.
Difficulties : 10/10
Wide choice of difficulties. Very Good.
Map Size : 6/10
Too small. The level 6 that has bosses is really very hard, and since the creeps run fast, the game becomes hard, even if you got those slowing towers.

Tips : Change the names of workers and towers. Make them in english.
Tips : Better if you add what towers can target. It will be better and more helpful.

For me, your map is Very Good!

Last edited:
Level 3
Thanks !
At least one feedback. :D

Todo List:

Eyecandy (Footman are only placeholders)

More Races (about 10+)

At the Moment there are 36 Level, 12 Level will be added (bonus or normal not decided yet)

Just to tell you. :D

By the way, even if its only the names of the towers..... I think i will translate them. ( a lot of work ) ^_^

And Tooltips will be written once again with all stats (atm they are only that sucky, because when you change stats and abilities every day its annoying to rewrite them all the time)

Level 3
Damn it, German Date switches the first and second number.... ^^

Just to tell you, I dont get mad because the map was about 30% in german and you dont like that.

The Names of the Towers were German. Thats all...... Not the Tooltips.
Still some are and nearly all Names of the Creeps.

I just got mad, because someone tells me he wont play that map if it were german. And then he didnt even look at it, because the first poster told us all that it isnt english at all.

If you take a look ant then tell me the language sucks, I personally dont mind that. But flaming me and the map in advance is not very nice, isnt it ?

Level 4
Damn it, German Date switches the first and second number.... ^^

Just to tell you, I dont get mad because the map was about 30% in german and you dont like that.

The Names of the Towers were German. Thats all...... Not the Tooltips.
Still some are and nearly all Names of the Creeps.

I just got mad, because someone tells me he wont play that map if it were german. And then he didnt even look at it, because the first poster told us all that it isnt english at all.

If you take a look ant then tell me the language sucks, I personally dont mind that. But flaming me and the map in advance is not very nice, isnt it ?

I wouldn't consider his post flaming, he just said he wasn't going to play it because it was in german, and that was all. If the names of the towers are in german anyone who doesn't know them isn't going to play it. Translate everything in your map to english. You can keep a german version if you like, but notice that not many people will download it from a site that's in english.

Level 3
You dont get the point do ya ?

If I tell you that Warcraft is the baddest game ever. Would you refer to my post and tell other people the same? Or would you test the game and judge after that ?

I am mad if someone assumes things that are not true.

By the way what is the problem with that names (i am going to change it anyway).

Would you be pleased if towers dont have names at all ?
I might name some tower tower X and some tower tower Y.... Would to blame me for no names ?

By the way I doubt you would know what a Synchrotron is - and that tower is multilanguage...

Whatever i am mad of this. Just check it out and tell me what you think. - YES THE MAP IS IN ENGLISH

Level 4
You dont get the point do ya ?

If I tell you that Warcraft is the baddest game ever. Would you refer to my post and tell other people the same? Or would you test the game and judge after that ?

By the way what is the problem with that names (i am going to change it anyway).

Would you be pleased if towers dont have names at all ?
I might name some tower tower X and some tower tower Y.... Would to blame me for no names ?

By the way I doubt you would know what a Synchrotron is - and that tower is multilanguage...

Whatever i am mad of this. Just check it out and tell me what you think. - YES THE MAP IS IN ENGLISH

Okay it's in english, that's all you had to say. I wasn't try to flame or anything I was just trying to say it should be totally english. You say it is, I'll try it. And I'll post more feedback soon.

Level 3
I am tired of this.
Just let me tell you.

I dont want to loose my reputation only the first post says map language is German.

Level 4
I just tested your map. First I picked standard-line mode then I picked normal difficulty. Then a race selecter appeared, the first race, and the only race that was in english was "electrical engineering," since I didn't know what the other races where, I picked it, then a voice says "join me or die!" And Warcraft crashes. :witch_doc_sad:

Level 6
The dialog was in german.

I dont have much to say. The map is in its early steps. Keep working on it and maybe one day it will be a good td.
He clearly states the dialog is in German.

He said the DIALOG wasn't in English.

I assumed the map was partially in German, and I was right, now wasn't I?
NOT ONLY the dialog(that you denied), but also towers and creeps(this you said yourself).

I dont want to loose my reputation only the first post says map language is German.
He said the dialog was in German. DIALOG!

Don't worry about loosing reputation because of him or me. You lose your reputation when you whine, don't accept fair criticism, and talk out of your ass. So you map is partially in German, that's understandable since it's Alpha, but if you post it to an international community where the the only spoken (err, typed) language is English.. well, what do you expect?
Don't take this personally. This community is here to help you but you must be sensed and open to feedback.

Level 3
Damn you are right. The dialog WAS in German.

And as stated in the Overview. The map is damn alpha. Changing names just cause a lot of time, due to that world editor issue that it doesnt do anything when changing the names for some seconds.

I just dont want to except that the fact that the Races are acually named Physik and Theologie, which isn't very obvious that this means physics and theology (hard to guess), is a really critical issue not to play the map.

Would it be a problem if i just named the towers like tower 1, tower 2, tower 3 ?
I mean all the tooltips are english like nearly the whole map.

English Dialog, English Help, English Tooltips..... just the names are not changed yet, but they will be.

Is that really an issue not being able to play ? Really ?

Considering the Creeps..... I guess you click on the enemy creeps in all TD maps and look what their names are...... Ohh Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, DAMN n1 names i have to understand them.... do I ?

There is no critical point where you must understand the meaning of the german words.
I just thought there are mor important points then changing names.... By the way the gameplay ?

I made a new version (still 0.07) all names and whatever, but the creeps are now named in english.
Creeps are placeholders so they dont matter.

Now just play that map and dont just talk about it.

By the way i could not find any crash bug.

Last edited:
Level 3
That is no joke.

Join me or die is the announcement for the round ( I know its annoying but until I dont have anything better I will leave it how it is )

The map doesnt crash at me at all....

Maybe just download it again (Just uploaded a new version - even if the mapname is the same)

Status
Not open for further replies.