• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Does anyone know how to make it so units can act like the merc camps? I was trying to take the undead sky barrage unit and make it act like a flying merc camp that acts as a traveling war ship that you can both load and train units with.

If you want it to be able to sell units like a Mercenary Camp then you will first need to edit the "Techhtree - units sold" value. The value is where you add what monsters what you would like to sell. Though not really needed, you can make the "Stats - Unit classification" Mechanical, Neural as opposed to just Mechanical.

Hope that helps,
Vista Sucks

Level 6
If you want it to be able to sell units like a Mercenary Camp then you will first need to edit the "Techhtree - units sold" value. The value is where you add what monsters what you would like to sell. Though not really needed, you can make the "Stats - Unit classification" Mechanical, Neural as opposed to just Mechanical.

Hope that helps,
Vista Sucks
I need to sleep after saying this so sorry for the fast go but I tried that. It just kept it set as 0 units in stock even when i have it set to restock every second and a max of 5 for testing.

Level 6
Can you take a screen shot of how you edited the Sky Barrage?

With how I did it before no I can't. I all ready scraped that old edit and made it be a summoner where it summons 5 of the units for mana and you get only a max of 5 but they are permanent. That I can show you. Or if you want I can just give you the map download so you can poke around.

Status
Not open for further replies.