• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Enters Region Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Explanation: I'm creating a minigame in which you cross a different series (or a path if you will) of elevators to get to a platform directly across from one platform. When you step on "bad elevators" it should create a spike and kill the unit. When you step on the "bonus square" it should create a special effect and remove the unit.

Now the minigame does all these things, but alot of the time the triggers won't be activated unless you enter a region from a CERTAIN SIDE.

Why it doesn't work for any side is confusing me, i posted an example of ohe of the 3 different pathing setups. At the beginning of the minigame every elevator within the minigame are considered spikes, so, i need to turn off the ones i need walkable, which is what Pathing 1, 2, or 3 will do, and will also turn on its corresponding "bonus square"

The trigger below is an example of one of the 20 elevators and what it will do to kill the unit.

If anyone can take a look at these and see if they notice something i'm doing wrong, or if you need more information i'll check back soon.

• Pathing Setup 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[1] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[3] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[7] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[8] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[9] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[12] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[13] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[14] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[18] = No region
      • Set Incorrect_Pathing[19] = No region
      • Set BonusPathing = Elevator12 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Bonus Elevator 1 <gen>
  • Bad Elevator 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Elevator1 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Incorrect_Pathing[1] contains (Entering unit)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Kill (Entering unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Elevator1 <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Impale\ImpaleHitTarget.mdl
          • Destructible - Set height of Elevator (2) 4340 <gen> to 1
        • Else - Actions

Level 4
  • Set Incorrect_Pathing[1] = No region
and

• (Incorrect_Pathing[1] contains (Entering unit)) Equal to True
Men this can not work.

Level 5
i think you have to set the side of a unit entering an elevator for it to work

something about detructables - elevator walls in the trigger editor

Status
Not open for further replies.