• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Unit Build Time Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello everyone, I am a new member on The Hive workshop and am currently working on a custom map. In said map, I want the unit's build time to display next to the resources with the clock icon just like in Starcraft II, is this possible in Warcraft III? Is there any way to manipulate the UI in order to achieve this?

Many thanks.

Edit*
I want the timer to display next to the required resources and not on the icons. Is this possible or is text over icons the only way?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 5
You can put it directly on the icon or maybe attempt a custom text/font for it or a few other possibilities however normally this isn't easily possible, at least not yet. There might be a method to get close to the way you want it to look.
Hello and thanks for replying,
I don't want it to show on the icon I want it to be in the tooltip adjacent to the required resources but I may consider it if there is no other way around it.
Thanks again!

Level 5
There is an ability cooldown visual, might use that. So make the barrack cast an ability every time a unit is trained.
Hi there and thanks for taking the time to help,
I want it to show in the tooltip and not on the icon, I appreciate your and Dat's input and I may do that as a last resort.
Thanks again!

Either text or convert one of the basic 3 resources into what you want.

Attachments

• like.jpg
    like.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 90
  • like2.jpg
    like2.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 92
Level 5
Either text or convert one of the basic 3 resources into what you want.
I see, I was already using text hoping for a better option, I'll leave the post open in case someone figures something out.
Thanks to both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.