• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uncursed (DNF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep new quick terrain coz am bored in the office yay. This is my attempt on playing with glows like how flad does his stuff. I might add weird stuff in here, like UFO's or tentacle dragon in the background.

I'll fix this thread soon when I release a revision of this one.

Enjoy.

WIP 1

WC3ScrnShot_110219_231100_02.png

Last edited:
I wanted it to look cursed - binded by dark magic (a lone tree in an empty wasteland - something like that), also the tree really looks flat without black glows behind it so I thought I'd experiment on it. (I'm not really feeling a silhouette effect on this one). I'll try my best to come up with something new to it.

Last edited:
I appreciate the compliment but sadly I don't really work with requests anymore (even with money benefits; I have alot of terrain requests and half of them offer money, but I still rejected it) because I was disappointed alot of times by other projects leaders I worked with before. I worked with three projects years ago just to realize that the project will be dropped, usually those leaders just abandon the project and steal or forget my work. Making a playable terrain really takes alot of time (it take months or even a year) unlike scenic terrains which only take a day or a week at maximum. Those three projects took me two years and it was a waste of time.

Last edited:
Level 6
Wow the tree is hella eerie! It strangely pushes on the rest of the field with its presence. Seems intriguing that the pink part of the sky pierces through the branches, you might want to attune and enhance this detail.

Also, the tree crown lacks depth somewhat. Not sure if the glows are responsible for that or it's the fog. It may be just me, but it looks like the glows are in front of the tree, instead of throughout the crown.

Also, the tree crown lacks depth somewhat. Not sure if the glows are responsible for that or it's the fog. It may be just me, but it looks like the glows are in front of the tree, instead of throughout the crown.

Yeah I see that glow in front of the tree lol, it's what causes illusion of depth but I somehow messed up and placed it in front instead of behind.

Seems intriguing that the pink part of the sky pierces through the branches, you might want to attune and enhance this detail.

I have something in mind to put away the pink part in the tree, but I can't do much in terms of removing the color since the glows are semi transparent. Maybe I did not get what you're saying here, correct me if I'm misinterpreted it. :)

Level 6
I have something in mind to put away the pink part in the tree, but I can't do much in terms of removing the color since the glows are semi transparent. Maybe I did not get what you're saying here, correct me if I'm misinterpreted it. :)
I meant that the effect it produces is rather interesting, contrasting with dark branches. Implying to enhance it, possibly by increasing the pink part's brightness or something like it, since the grey glows kinda dampen the contrast.

Great work! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.