• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unable to place units on left side of map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi, I have a really strange problem.

The entire left side of my map cannot have any unit placed on it. Doodads can be. There is not black terrain there, it is normal terrain, and is the same as other parts of the map. However, only the left part, extending outwards, maybe about 5 tiles, can not have any units walk or be placed upon it.

Any suggestions? Ive tried adding cliffs to see if units can e placed on thjose, changed the terrain type, etc, nothing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 123
Level 9
Nothing? If it helps, it does run along the entire left side of the map, in a straight line... its very very odd, and no one I know can help me. Units act as if its a huge cliff wall inside the game, and cant go in it, any units teleported inw ith triggers are automatically moved out.. help?

Level 9
Press "p" this will allow you to see pathing, pink is unplaceable, if it is pink, there is probably something blocking it, a doodad [underground], deleted unit [sometimes, if you delete a unit, or its model, it still exists on the map, some sort of glitch].

This might help a bit.

Wow, amazing trick. I never knew about that.

There is a huge gray box blocking everything. What does gray mean, pray tell?

Edit: Having searched, I have discovered that it is actually white, even if Blizzard is colorblind, and it means units cant walk, or anything be built upon it. or else gray means camera bounds.

Edit 2: Yes, Camera Bounds fixed it.. ugh, I don't even WANT to know how that got changed from what it was.

Rep for all!

Thanks much!

I have read I need to use an MPQ extractor to take a stab at them.

Are there simpler ways to do this? I am very knowledgable with mpq stuff, but easier is better.

Edit 2: Yes, it was camera bounds. I dont even WANT to know how that got changed.

Level 12
You'll be surprised when you actually look at the editor's other options.

View->Amaze yourself. PS: grey means boundary. Which can be added or removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.