• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Uldarun Depths (Dwarf/Gnome Campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
attachment.php

The Winged Murloc journeyed from Theramore, and past the Maelstrom. It had survived this stretch countless times, but this time was different. Captain Harper noticed a strange storm near the whirling waters of the Maelstrom. The clouds were in orb shapes and beams of heavy lightning struck down from the center as lesser ones seemed to reached down from the sides and pull at the water. Captain Harper sailed on and arrived at Barradin Bay. There he reported what he had seen and the local guard sent out two scouts on gryphons to explore it further. Days later, one of the scouts returned badly wounded and reported that the storm had only worsened as they inspected it and that he barely survived while his partner was not so lucky. Captain Harper decided to anchor up the Winged Murloc until he thought that the storm would pass. In the meantime, Alliance Leaders were notified of the occurence and even the Horde caught wind of it. After two weeks, the Winged Murloc set sail for Theramore once again. As it passed the Maelstrom, the waters were still once more, but there was something peculiar. On the horizon, some of the deckhands spotted land! Captain Harper made the decision to swing closer by the land. When they got within sight of the land, they noticed an icy mass of land. It appeared as if It had just been put there. There was a building that looked ancient on the mass with huge doors sealed shut. The ship sailed past and reached Theramore. Captain Harper reported the new discovery to the local guard and word went out to the rest of the Alliance and Horde leaders. 

A crew of Alliance Elite Guards were sent to the land to explore. The dwarven guards immediately recognized the inscription on the sealed door as it was written in Dwarven. “ULDARUN: The fiend who slumbers within these walls, would likely bring death upon us all. If you venture through her tomb, you shall bring mankind’s doom.” The squad hastily mounted and flew back to their command post in Dun Morogh to tell of the findings. The explorer’s league caught wind of the new discovery and secretly sent a team of highly skilled dwarves and gnomes to the scene. The available magi lifted the enchantment from the door and walked inside. They set up their tents, headquarters, vehicles and all kinds of other contraptions as they usually do and began exploring. In the first room they saw a colossal golem made from an unknown metal. It was a dark gray material with an iridescent, periwinkle luster. As they stepped in the room to get a closer look, the golem stood up and lit a bright blue on runed etchings all over its body. The explorers figured this must be the fiend and they called for the magi and most skilled fighters. The golem thundered, “I am the guardian of this tomb! Curse you who have awoken Shun-Iggath, the corruptor of winds. You have ensured your peril.” With that, he shut off and fell backwards, shaking the very island. The League scholars studied what he said and could not make out what or who Shun-Iggath was. The guardian seemed to have the same feeling of certain doom as the inscription on the door. In order to find out more information, they sent the most skilled prospectors to gather samples of this new metal and try to forge it. It smelted beautifully and they named it Iggatium after this mysterious Shun-Iggath. After mining and smelting the entire golem into items such as weapons and armor, his core was left behind. As a prospector grabbed it, a hologram of the guardian appeared and gave this message: “If you are seeing this, you are beyond saving. You have released the once imprisoned Old God, Shun-Iggath, the corruptor of winds. It is up to you to try to defeat her, use the ore found within this tomb for defenses against her. Light help your souls.” The core was presented to Magni Bronzebeard who enlisted a team of heroes to fight for Azeroth’s survival. Can they stop the Mother of Typhoons in time?

It’s up to you now...

Characters: Brann Bronzebeard (NPC)
Glazlonal Mekkasprock - Gnomish Mage (possibly Warlock?)
help me think up some more!

Places:
The first area you will encounter is Thunderforge Isle, home of Uldarun.
attachment.php

Staff: GnoobSauce (Texturing, terraining, basic triggering, basic modeling, general mapping, overall development)

What do you think of the ideas?

Attachments

• DU.jpg
    DU.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 235
  • TFI.jpg
    TFI.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Level 10
Thanks for the input guys!
I know the screenshot isn't much but I just wanted to put something up since its still just an idea.
Will move it into development if it attracts enough attention.
I'll beef up the terraining, but I'll send you the final terrain to spruce up however you'd like :D
this will be a GUI Campaign as thats as far as my knowledge touches.
Help me with some ideas, guys!

Level 10
I'm going to need some Earthen skins.
Maybe use the "RPG Dwarf" model located on this site.
I will also need an Aesir (Platinum skinned) titan skin for the paladin model.
if you have more questions, just look up images on google or post here with the question. Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.