• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ugh, trigger question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Making a damage factor, like in many maps, where it shows the damage taken in a floating text on the attacked unit.

I used 'Create floating text that reads (bla bla bla + (String(Damage taken)))

Damage taken doesn't work because the floating text is created before any damage is taken, what do I use then to display the damage taken in floating text?

Bah.

Level 10
i have a simpler method, and no triggers!
1.make a spellbook thats invisable and give to the hero,
2.make a ability based off critical strike that does 1x damage 100% of the time.
3. take that ability and add to the spellbook, because the spellbook is invisable, so is this ability!
4.in the end, you have the critical strike effect, but since it is only 1x damage, there is no increase!(the critical effect shows the damage number floating, then fading.

(if you dont understand, ill make a test map, just say so, and ill do it.)

sPy

sPy

Level 21
i have a simpler method, and no triggers!
1.make a spellbook thats invisable and give to the hero,
2.make a ability based off critical strike that does 1x damage 100% of the time.
3. take that ability and add to the spellbook, because the spellbook is invisable, so is this ability!
4.in the end, you have the critical strike effect, but since it is only 1x damage, there is no increase!(the critical effect shows the damage number floating, then fading.

(if you dont understand, ill make a test map, just say so, and ill do it.)
  • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
That event won't detect critical strike because it is a passive skill.

Level 6

Yea, I checked that out before, guess I'll just use it. But I did it so that it displays the damage with the player color so that a unit owned by perhaps purple would show purple float text on the attacked unit, but after all that's just eyecandy no one will really think about.

Still if anyone has a different way, please enlighten me.

Level 19
YOU DONT NEED ANY TRIGGERS
the critical strike crital damage floating text shows the damage anyways, and since its only 1x damage, the damage isnt increased.

it displays the base damage and not the damage the target actually takes
e.g. if you got 100 dmg and your enemy got 999999 armor you will see a red "100" but in fact you only deal 1 dmg

Status
Not open for further replies.