• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Two Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Do you mean a players name can't be modified at all? Like say I keep my name Darkness-4ever but all I want to do is add a prefix to it like Sir Darkness-4ever, I can't even just add the Sir part regardless of whether or not my actual name is still there?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Try gameplay constant data or race data. I think you can adjust the default camera values there and thus save on triggering.

2. Well there honestly is no need to rename people and can cause confusion. Eg, is my friend red or blue? If his name is there you can tell, if not you have to ask him which is all very time consuming.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Nope, and why should you want to. A simple table telling you who is what would suffice, you do not need to be reminded every single message someone sense.

Humans colour + name + other short term memory seems pretty good. For example in an 8 player game you can quickly learn who is what without having to be reminded every message.

Nope, and why should you want to. A simple table telling you who is what would suffice, you do not need to be reminded every single message someone sense.

Humans colour + name + other short term memory seems pretty good. For example in an 8 player game you can quickly learn who is what without having to be reminded every message.

You have a point, but it's still a lot more fun to be able to add things to someone's name. In an example, in the game "Greece" in wc3, the creator sets the name to (Current Name) + ("(Troy)") or (Current Name) + ("(Sparta)"). Personally I love being able to do things like that, but sadly no, it is not possible in SC2.

:[

Blizzard is capable of doing it, but no doubt they have ub3r 1337 editor hax or something.

Also I don't ever remember blizzard changing your name in any campaigns or anything.. doubt they have the ability either.

Last edited:
Level 4
Two threads both dealing with Camera editing on the forum one right after the other, and still no one mentions the ability to edit CAMERA data? in the Data editor, there is a CAMERAS Data type. Select DEFAULT CAMERA and alter the fields for Distance min and distance Max to be the same number. and set INCREMENT to 0. Also, you can edit ZOOM LEVELs to make it so the camera doesnt tilt as it zooms in.

Just a note, what camera your map uses is based on the tileset being used. For example, most maps use DEFAULT CAMERA, but some use INSTALLATION camera or SPACE PLATFORM camera. Check your tileset info to set/check to see what one is used before you start altering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.