• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two Questions about pop limit and multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've been playing with Editor few years, and it is far more interesting to me than
the game itself.
I am making map with giant mountain with fortress on top of it, with giant trees and custom models. I have two questions:

-Is it possibile to play player made map with buddy online?

-Do you know how I could make AI train units pass unit population limit? I can change max unit population limit from 100 to 300, but AI makes few units, with population not passing 100.

Than you very much, and there are some screenshots of my map in progress.

242569-albums7914-picture93834.jpg

Level 24
1: Yes you can. You can create a custom game and use a map from your hard drive to play it. Every other player that hasnt got that map will download it directly from you in the lobby.

2: You require to modify the AI of bots... If you write your own AI, then you can do everything that a player could do as well.
There is an AI editor which is used to... well... edit the AI duh
You could take a look at that one but dont be afraid to find out that it is very limited.

Level 2
Thank you Wietlol.

I plan to place big invunerable trebuchet on top with long range, extreme attack value and slow rate of fire that can be controlled by any player just by moving hero near it (similar with Marketplace, Mercenary camp etc) but I dont know how.

Level 24
This one is interesting... will look at it in a few hours. got somethin to do.

EDIT: This one is hard. Really hard.
You either have to catch when a neutral building selects a unit or create a custom system similar to that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.