• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Tutorial] Simple Treasure Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey all, I recently started modeling (about a week now) and have been picking up things here and there.

Before I go any further here's a BIG thankyou for all the info provided on these forums. I've been hanging about a bit but kept quiet so I didn't ask absolutely retarded questions that had answers right under my nose. THANK YOU.

Anyway here's a very simple tutorial that takes beginners through the basic creation, skinning, exporting, and World Editor importing using steps I've verified work (with my rig at least). This whole tutorial is based off 3DSMax 7 with DeX's script.

It's in PDF form because my HTML sucks and I'm lazy.

I'm open to all comments and criticisms - just remember that most folks here won't be able to use this - it's aimed at all those 'How do I model?' posts.

Anyway:
http://thevman.rooms.cwal.net/tutorials/Chest_Tutorial.pdf
(Right-click > 'Save As')

I'm also open to suggestions as to what people would like to see next. If you have something you'd like to know how to do (preferably a static doodad - I haven't tried character modeling yet) by all means drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do - no promises though.

Enjoy!

-The V Man

Status
Not open for further replies.