• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

tutorial request

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello
im beggining to edit a map on sc2 galaxy editor
BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND A SHIT OF THAT
so i have a request
can you send a tutorial that shows us how to make a good unit:
How to set the HP
how to set the cost (mineral, gaz, food, and other if there is other...)
how to set and create ability
how to attach model
how to set weapons
how to set requirment
how to make a building training it
how to make it influenced by an upgrade
and please, tell me how to make a good building too, like for a good unit.^^
thanks

Level 3
can't promise you much, but there's defo info like that in the tutorial section this board. go check it out, it answers alot of your questiosn I think :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I advise sticking to playing SC2 rather than editing it, as you clearly are not the type of person who is gifted with editing if those simple tasks are appearing difficult.

Most of us managed to find how to do all the items on that list in under 30 minutes.

The hitpoints are located in the Unit data. The field name implies that it alters hitpoints to just look harder.

To set the cost of something, you have to alter its ability data I believe.

Making an ability is a combination of button, ability, effect and/or behaviour. You put it all together in the unit data buttons field. You select a spot to place the ability in the units interface, attach a button to that spot and hen link that button to the ability. The ability should do something, eithor like a spell or train a unit.

Attaching models I still have not managed to do, it involves attaching an actor to an actor with the actor inhertance fields.

You set weapons by selecting the weapons data from the data editor. If you mean how to alter their damage, you simply alter the effect a weapon creates on an attack. IN SC2, you can make attacks do crazy stuff like create warpholes (mothership ability) or knockback as well as damage depending on how you set the effects up.

How to set requirements is self explinatory. you simply make new requirements data that is set to what you want it to act like and then attach that to the data that needs an requirement.

Your next one is illogical. A building can not be made while also training itself. If you mean how to build a building, you will need to add it to the build list of the builder in its command card buttons list.

The final one I am sure you can find yourself by reading up how the terran buildings do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.