Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

tutorial request

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by operation3000, May 18, 2010.

1. operation3000

operation3000

Resources:
    Resources:
    hello
    im beggining to edit a map on sc2 galaxy editor
    BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND A SHIT OF THAT
    so i have a request
    can you send a tutorial that shows us how to make a good unit:
    How to set the HP
    how to set the cost (mineral, gaz, food, and other if there is other...)
    how to set and create ability
    how to attach model
    how to set weapons
    how to set requirment
    how to make a building training it
    how to make it influenced by an upgrade
    and please, tell me how to make a good building too, like for a good unit.^^
    thanks

2. .Forsaken

.Forsaken

Resources:
    Resources:
    can't promise you much, but there's defo info like that in the tutorial section this board. go check it out, it answers alot of your questiosn I think :)

3. operation3000

operation3000

Resources:
    Resources:
    can you send me the link plz?

4. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Is it so hard to do the two clicks to enter the tutorials section on your own?

5. operation3000

operation3000

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes it is :(
    wouhou 100th post

seriously
    send me the link plz

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  6. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Link

7. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I advise sticking to playing SC2 rather than editing it, as you clearly are not the type of person who is gifted with editing if those simple tasks are appearing difficult.

Most of us managed to find how to do all the items on that list in under 30 minutes.

The hitpoints are located in the Unit data. The field name implies that it alters hitpoints to just look harder.

To set the cost of something, you have to alter its ability data I believe.

Making an ability is a combination of button, ability, effect and/or behaviour. You put it all together in the unit data buttons field. You select a spot to place the ability in the units interface, attach a button to that spot and hen link that button to the ability. The ability should do something, eithor like a spell or train a unit.

Attaching models I still have not managed to do, it involves attaching an actor to an actor with the actor inhertance fields.

You set weapons by selecting the weapons data from the data editor. If you mean how to alter their damage, you simply alter the effect a weapon creates on an attack. IN SC2, you can make attacks do crazy stuff like create warpholes (mothership ability) or knockback as well as damage depending on how you set the effects up.

How to set requirements is self explinatory. you simply make new requirements data that is set to what you want it to act like and then attach that to the data that needs an requirement.

Your next one is illogical. A building can not be made while also training itself. If you mean how to build a building, you will need to add it to the build list of the builder in its command card buttons list.

The final one I am sure you can find yourself by reading up how the terran buildings do it.

8. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hell, that's a nice idea you gave me DSG... A mothership shooting Void Rays, lmao. Or a giant Carrier launching other carriers and interceptors. Yes. It's doable.

9. killer1390

killer1390

Resources:
    Resources:
    That reminds me of something I want to try which is make carriers produce other carriers, and it could be infinite.