1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tutorial - Blood, Sweat and ice

Submitted by Magamdy
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is a test version of the RPG I am making.

This, however, is ment as a sample map that uses my FPC system, but the filesize was too large, so I posted it here.

If you find ANY bugs, just post them here. Also tell what you think of the camera system.

Here is the First Person Camera Tutorial Located:
Creating A First Person Camera

V1.20 Added a new area, added some stuff to the storyline, revised the dialogues enc. Not much new though.
V1.21 Forgot the ''Here ends this tutorial'' ending. Also removed a lot of dooddads.
V1.22 Set the music type to loop, to prevent the bugs with the earlier way of my music triggers.

Keywords:
RPG, First, person, camera, test, sample, tutorial, Bob Marley, FTW
Contents

Tutorial - Blood, Sweat and ice (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected 14:37, 2nd Oct 2008 Septimus: After I test this map, it seem to be incomplete. I am not quite sure about it, thus I set it to review status.
  1. ap0: Rejected

14:37, 2nd Oct 2008
    Septimus: After I test this map, it seem to be incomplete. I am not quite sure about it, thus I set it to review status.

2. Handycombinder

Handycombinder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow this is awesome. I liked the camera system and the system that people talk to you. Really nice 5/5

3. Magamdy

Magamdy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WTF... it's a incomplete map XD. Anyways thanks for your comment =P

4. CaffeineMonkey

CaffeineMonkey

Resources:
    Resources:
    :thumbs_up: I liked it. A unique War3 experience. The camera might seem slow at the beginning, but after a while you get really used to it and you can move pretty fluidly through the environment once that happens. Might even do some looking in to these camera triggers some more and see if I could apply it to a future map of mine. If that's okay with you of course. :smile:

5. Magamdy

Magamdy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Of course you can use it; It's made for it. You can also have a look at my tutorial about the same camera^^

6. br_shadow

br_shadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where is the map ?

7. slake

slake

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey realy where is the map why cant i see it

8. vegetation

vegetation

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, it is the best rpg i ever played... even if its not finished. But the only thing i don't like is when we are in combat, the ennemy is often too close and i can't see him...
    :thumbs_up:
    :razz:

9. Magamdy

Magamdy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, it's defenetly not the best RPG but... just a 'one of it's kind' ^^

10. vegetation

vegetation

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, when i said : its the best rpg i ever played...im talking in wc3.

11. Magamdy

Magamdy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    NOOO Really???!??

12. vegetation

vegetation

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, though you were thinking i was talking in all game...

And by the way, will you finish it one day (well soon) or no?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  13. Wetdog

Wetdog

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was really impressed with this map, using such basic stuff you managed to make what could be a really enjoyable game to play, I would really like to play a final version or a more up to date one, I am curious though, the game runs so smooth yet it has billions of doodads all over the place? how have you managed this?

14. Magamdy

Magamdy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I actually don't really know why it runs so smooth. I think it has something to do with the vield of view or the fog or something. I do have an updated version of this map, but a final version... See, I got a little too exited with the dooddads, and halfway through the map i reached the dooddap limit 0f 8000 or something (Pathing blockers don't count, so in total i had like 11000 :D).

Fixining this would mean deleting all dooddads and placing only half of em back. And that takes a lot of work. Maybe i'll do it sometime, but right now, I'm doing some random other things ;P

Although, thanks to your comment I think i upload an updated version. Not much added, but it's updated...

15. shadeye

shadeye

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really n1 i love when the bridge brooken, but i would be more nice if you could remove the Screenshot, ( Bug or Not you can remove the cam system)

16. Magamdy

Magamdy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ??? Remove the screenshot? Which screenshot?

17. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice, it's very good, even tho it's just a tutorial, or whatever you'd call it, this would be awesome for an rpg

=bug
    =Suggestion

. Rotating camera: when I opened my first chest, the camera kept spinning till i pressed down, I'm not sure what caused this, I wasn't holding left or right, and when i did it didn't stop spinning

. Camera reset: the camera system is nice, but you can undo this easily, scrolling up or down resets the camera view to normal warcraft view, and when you press ctrl-C you can undo the camera lock on your unit.

. Sometimes in battle you can't see the enemy unit, just increasing the attack range slightly will solve this problem

. Hide the minimap, I can see where all the enemies are, you could also put a picture on the minimap from the full map, even tho I'm not sure how you do this, I've seen it been done.

But in general this map is great, deserves 4 as minimum, and a 5 when it's bugfree. I'd love to see the whole Rpg if you ever decide to finish it

18. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally a REAL adventure game for WC3. Epic win.

19. Magamdy

Magamdy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Thanks for your positive comments.

About the bugs. I already know they're there, but I don't really know how to fix em. To make the camera stop spinnig simply press the same button again that you where pressing when the dialog showed up. About the other bug. If you got suggestions how to ifx it, please tell me.

Your other suggestion are things that I'm aware of but just didn't fixed. Will do that in next version.