• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tutorial - Blood, Sweat and ice

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a test version of the RPG I am making.

This, however, is ment as a sample map that uses my FPC system, but the filesize was too large, so I posted it here.

If you find ANY bugs, just post them here. Also tell what you think of the camera system.

Here is the First Person Camera Tutorial Located:
Creating A First Person Camera

V1.20 Added a new area, added some stuff to the storyline, revised the dialogues enc. Not much new though.
V1.21 Forgot the ''Here ends this tutorial'' ending. Also removed a lot of dooddads.
V1.22 Set the music type to loop, to prevent the bugs with the earlier way of my music triggers.

Keywords:
RPG, First, person, camera, test, sample, tutorial, Bob Marley, FTW
Contents

Tutorial - Blood, Sweat and ice (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Rejected 14:37, 2nd Oct 2008 Septimus: After I test this map, it seem to be incomplete. I am not quite sure about it, thus I set it to review status.

M

ap0: Rejected

14:37, 2nd Oct 2008
Septimus: After I test this map, it seem to be incomplete. I am not quite sure about it, thus I set it to review status.

Level 3
:thumbs_up: I liked it. A unique War3 experience. The camera might seem slow at the beginning, but after a while you get really used to it and you can move pretty fluidly through the environment once that happens. Might even do some looking in to these camera triggers some more and see if I could apply it to a future map of mine. If that's okay with you of course. :smile:

Level 8
:thumbs_up: I liked it. A unique War3 experience. The camera might seem slow at the beginning, but after a while you get really used to it and you can move pretty fluidly through the environment once that happens. Might even do some looking in to these camera triggers some more and see if I could apply it to a future map of mine. If that's okay with you of course. :smile:

Of course you can use it; It's made for it. You can also have a look at my tutorial about the same camera^^

Level 3
I was really impressed with this map, using such basic stuff you managed to make what could be a really enjoyable game to play, I would really like to play a final version or a more up to date one, I am curious though, the game runs so smooth yet it has billions of doodads all over the place? how have you managed this?

Level 8
I was really impressed with this map, using such basic stuff you managed to make what could be a really enjoyable game to play, I would really like to play a final version or a more up to date one, I am curious though, the game runs so smooth yet it has billions of doodads all over the place? how have you managed this?

Well, I actually don't really know why it runs so smooth. I think it has something to do with the vield of view or the fog or something. I do have an updated version of this map, but a final version... See, I got a little too exited with the dooddads, and halfway through the map i reached the dooddap limit 0f 8000 or something (Pathing blockers don't count, so in total i had like 11000 :D).

Fixining this would mean deleting all dooddads and placing only half of em back. And that takes a lot of work. Maybe i'll do it sometime, but right now, I'm doing some random other things ;P

Although, thanks to your comment I think i upload an updated version. Not much added, but it's updated...

Level 3
Really n1 i love when the bridge brooken, but i would be more nice if you could remove the Screenshot, ( Bug or Not you can remove the cam system)

Level 9
Very nice, it's very good, even tho it's just a tutorial, or whatever you'd call it, this would be awesome for an rpg

=bug
=Suggestion

. Rotating camera: when I opened my first chest, the camera kept spinning till i pressed down, I'm not sure what caused this, I wasn't holding left or right, and when i did it didn't stop spinning

. Camera reset: the camera system is nice, but you can undo this easily, scrolling up or down resets the camera view to normal warcraft view, and when you press ctrl-C you can undo the camera lock on your unit.

. Sometimes in battle you can't see the enemy unit, just increasing the attack range slightly will solve this problem

. Hide the minimap, I can see where all the enemies are, you could also put a picture on the minimap from the full map, even tho I'm not sure how you do this, I've seen it been done.

But in general this map is great, deserves 4 as minimum, and a 5 when it's bugfree. I'd love to see the whole Rpg if you ever decide to finish it

Level 8
Very nice, it's very good, even tho it's just a tutorial, or whatever you'd call it, this would be awesome for an rpg

=bug
=Suggestion

. Rotating camera: when I opened my first chest, the camera kept spinning till i pressed down, I'm not sure what caused this, I wasn't holding left or right, and when i did it didn't stop spinning

. Camera reset: the camera system is nice, but you can undo this easily, scrolling up or down resets the camera view to normal warcraft view, and when you press ctrl-C you can undo the camera lock on your unit.

. Sometimes in battle you can't see the enemy unit, just increasing the attack range slightly will solve this problem

. Hide the minimap, I can see where all the enemies are, you could also put a picture on the minimap from the full map, even tho I'm not sure how you do this, I've seen it been done.

But in general this map is great, deserves 4 as minimum, and a 5 when it's bugfree. I'd love to see the whole Rpg if you ever decide to finish it

Thanks for your positive comments.

About the bugs. I already know they're there, but I don't really know how to fix em. To make the camera stop spinnig simply press the same button again that you where pressing when the dialog showed up. About the other bug. If you got suggestions how to ifx it, please tell me.

Your other suggestion are things that I'm aware of but just didn't fixed. Will do that in next version.

Level 12
hey hey!! This game is very nice to play.. But.... I exprience lots of delay while playing this on garena and eventually, i kana fatal error and ppl said i hosted junk map.. I feel awful for u as u are the mapmaker.... Can u fix this funny thingy bug which i dont know what bug it is....

Level 8
To anyone who has discovered bugs: i know there are some thing that undo the camera, but i just don't know how to fix it (since im not that good with triggers). if anyway could find a way to fix em, send me a message and i will include it the tutorial and give all credit to you :) I would love to fix it, but the dooddad limit won't let me, and removing a lot of doodads costs a lot of work and makes the terriain feel less real. Sooo... lets hope one day we can bypass it.

Level 8
All maps must be finished first and then uploaded here!
Use map development forum for all else!

This map is not meant to play for fun, it is meant to demonstrate the first person camera in it and all the things you can do using it. It is linked to the tutorial to help the users of it, so there's no need to delete it. I has been here for a long time, so just leave it.

Level 5
I dont know whats the problem of the staff that rejected this, he dont deserve his staff membership. This is awesome!

:fp:5/5 my opinion is approved and plz make a part 2