• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turquoise archipelago

Reactions: WhiteFang
Turquoise archipelago

Map Info

An altered melee with very little bases and lot of ressource. The key of victory is not only on the quick assaults but also on being quick to get a expand and as soon as possible to go on map center ton get treasures !

Features

-Heroes can go to level 20
-Undead buildings can be built on non-corrupted land.
-Starting ressources set to 5000 gold and lumber
-Lumbermill and orc's equivalent are able to get the gold back for orcs and humans
-Every 5 minutes, in the middle of the map spawn 5 mobs. If you kill them all, you shall get a bounty for your courage. But beware to the last level of guardians !
-You get a regular income of 2 po per second , wich is very usefull to get gold even when you haven't any worker on a mine, even if this is less good for economy to only count on income.
-The time of creation of almost all units have been lowered from 100% to 66%.
-Trees are very productives and give you a lot a wood.
-You haven't got any mine in your first base.

Screenshots

01xc31iceaeu9mezg.jpg

5eic2lflb86jrq8zg.jpg

3pgpyqzggs3fcelzg.jpg

z49o9dps9wg7cvbzg.jpg

a97wzvjib1d7100zg.jpg

6q4u4su5yu9jdvkzg.jpg

68gdredj6m78w8bzg.jpg

7opc9r5i7iixna9zg.jpg

0fu0zp0t4gcp3zhzg.jpg

pddkzhtio5qyihwzg.jpg

Changelog

-Map released

-Terrain have been changed, somes doodad removed , other added.
-The undead can now build even on non-corrupted land.
-Monsters don't help any longer there friends if they are not near of them.
-The monsters now spawn every 5 minutes and not 3 anymore.
-Trees' life have been uppgraded from 100 to 1000.
-You can no longer attack the South-West expand through the little way in the wood.
-Monsters no longer attack your base if you build at his border.
-The heroes now gain more xp on the units owned by hostil neutral.

-The heroes gain less xp than before, but still more than normally.
-Correction of some errors in the text
-Terrain have been changed.

-The map is now in English, uploaded on THW.

-I tried to make the map more beautiful, or at least less ugly.
-I removed the bird with a killmain, twas funny but not really a good idea.
-Now, when a unit owned by a computer-player comes near from a door, the door open and close 30 s later.
-Tried to make an AI for Undeads.

-Even if they can now pass the gates, computer-players can't really be a real challenge. They don't try to expand and sometimes don't go on the right way.

Credits

I only used Warcraft III models and icons for this map and I didn't used any GUI or Jass ressource, I made them for this map.
Thanks to Blizzard for creating Warcraft III.
And a very big thank to my friends of Heart of Azeroth who helped me a lot.
I , Gisgalion , am the author of this map.
This map is un-protected, you can open it and use it since you credit me.

Oh, and is someone could reviex the map, I would rellay be the happiest guy in this world :p

Keywords:
Sunken, Ruins
Contents

Turquoise archipelago (Map)

Reviews
01:39, 4th Feb 2015 Orcnet: Mythic's Review: LINK
Level 21
Great description.
The map itself also sounds great. I have one question though:
-You haven't got any mine in your first base.
Does the player start with more gold than usual?
+Rep for good description and details

Level 3
Thank you :)

Does the player start with more gold than usual?

Yes , as I wrote it , you start with 5000 gold and 5000 lumber. And you have a income of 2 gold perd second, wich I find really very useful , because it give you gold and can help you, but can't take the place of even 1 peasant in the mine :)

Level 21
Yes , as I wrote it , you start with 5000 gold and 5000 lumber.
Oh sorry I missed that part.

Oh, and is someone could reviex the map, I would rellay be the happiest guy in this world :p
I'd Iove to but I'm still fixing my warcraft. Ill do it if I fixed my warcraft. If no one els has done it by then. Also you got a little typo.

Level 21
This map needs an AI. It's a tiny 1v1 map so I don't think it's kinda multiplayerish to ignore the absence of an AI. Then, making an Albatross drop a Killmaim? Dude, that's madness! The bottom player clearly has a very big advantage for that. Just a flying unit or a ranged unit and that big item is mine. This must be fixed. A good item cannot be dropped by a creep that doesn't even attack.
About the idea of the map, honestly, I don't find it that original. The idea is very simple and the map can be done in a couple of minutes (if there was an AI at least I wouldn't say that probably)

Well, after all that, the map is not ready for an approval. I'd suggest to leave it pending as long as it remains like this.

Level 3
Thank you for explaining yourself :)
For the Killmain, it was a little joke with some friends ^^'.
But I will make this monster invulnerable, you'r right, it's too OP.
Honestly, I don't know at all how to make an AI. Really. I would like to know it, but I don't.
And because I don't use Jass or VJass, the only way should be to use the AI editor. However, even if I never tried to make en AI, I shall try.

This map has been created because I was annoyed of making spellpacks and had swear to don't continue my other map until my last spellpack was finished. So I made this map, and I know it's not very original ^^'.

However, thank you very much for answering :)

user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Turquoise Archipelago
by Gisgalion
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Bugs:

The idea is a bit interesting; I've so far found no bugs. Quest log explanations are nice. Starting bases are adequate enough so that you can train base units and grab that just-as-spacious expansion. I'll have to agree with Shadow Fury though - if he meant for the Computer Player or the Mobs, either way - the former doesn't know how to destroy gates and the latter too; they just stay behind it. Sleeping, some of them.

Some of the creeps are powerful, specifically, the Naga ones. Their levels are rather low for their power level. The Naga Royal Guard for instance could be level 9 due to its healthy summon, abilities, and its 53 (average) Chaos damage. Though levels seem to be for display they actually are for the exp these creeps grant.

9/20
Terrain & Aesthetics:

Sadly, there is not much tile variation. There are some tiles of dirt in a field of sands; the other tiles would work here. A plus for this criterion is that there are doodad Nagas - though they don't look like statues, they have a different feel that's more subtle.

Pathways are rather thin at some points. Usage of critters are nice, and the environment is pretty adequate.
13/20
Presentation:

There are typos, but the description is decent.
5/10

Total Score: 27/50​
navbits_start.gif
Suggestions
Keep in mind that these suggestions are optional; you may choose not to do them.
> Do not use Raise on single cliffs, they look better without it.​
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
27 / 10 = 2.7^ = 3/5; Voting for Approval

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/
Alternate Map Submission Rules
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Level 3
Hullo again :)
I updated the map, and I tried to do as you said you two.

Changes are in the changelog , but , to resume :
-More tiles are used for the terrain
-Naga Royal Gards are now level 9
-I canceled the use of Raise on singles cliff
-Removed Killmain and his owner.

Level 3
Thank you all :)
Yeah, there is really a few trees, but as Mythic, you can get a lot of lumber with only one of them.
I know it's not an advantage for Night Elves, but it's a good solution to get space in bases :).
And there is a lot of trees in your expands, so you can really get almost infinite wood with every race.

And I'm gonna update for Hidden tag :)

EDIT : Oh, and what could I do to improve the map ?

Last edited: