• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turning Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
For normal units, set unit facing can make them face a angle instantly but the visuals will always lag behind.
If the unit happens to be a building, its is possible also for the visuals.
So depending on what you need, you might want to go with deathismyfriend's solution.

Level 12
They never face angle instantly there is always a .25 second delay when facing angle.

The time you are talking about is the visual part. If you force a unit to face an angle it is ready to go in that direction.

Note though that GetUnitFacing returns the visual part.

Level 29
The time you are talking about is the visual part. If you force a unit to face an angle it is ready to go in that direction.

Note though that GetUnitFacing returns the visual part.

I tried it before with using a message to display facing angle right after changing. It does gradually change it is not instant.

Here is a test map to show you what i mean. Just press ESC.

Attachments

• Facing Angle.w3x
    16.2 KB · Views: 61
Level 29
Note that my test map shows the non-visual part. The angle the unit is facing. IT does not change instantly. That means any spell that uses the facing angle of unit will not work with your method.

Did you even try the test map ?

Try the test map it shows the facing angle of unit does not change instantly.

What is instant about the setting the facing angle if the unit does not rotate instant and the facing angle does not change instant ? There is not an instant thing about it.

Level 12
Note that my test map shows the non-visual part.
So the unit model we see turning is non-visual?

Yes I tried the map. You are using a GetUnitFacing.

That means any spell that uses the facing angle of unit will not work with your method.
I did not post a method, just said how things are.

Level 23
tbh, if the visual is behind, and GetUnitFacing is behind, how can you prove it is facing that way? Because the unit is ready to move in that direction? Units can move backwards in wc3, they will spin while moving backwards for the time being

edit: Even if it was instantaneous, the unit still needs to turn the model around, those preventing the unit looking like its facing that direction instantly unless you re-create the unit

Status
Not open for further replies.