• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Trying to update my Warcraft and not havib ant Luck,

Level 29
As deepstrasz said, player limit has now been extended to 24 with the new 12 colors, as does the Widescreen, since 1.29.
There is no patch that allows you to play with more colors or even use the higher resolution. Even Warcraft III resolution for the main menu was still on 4:3. That's why the developers had introduced a black unused bars on game menu and the unused UIs in-game itself.
I assume you are referring to an unofficial one with even more player colors, which most people clarified it's fake.
If you want better experiences, I highly suggest getting the Reforged (1.36) than 1.30.4, although there are major changes within 1.36 like native custom campaigns in Reforged (though only supports the SD mode and doesn't even work on all campaigns).
Last, but not least, remember that not all versions of non-Reforged Warcraft III are bug-free. The system requirements has been changed as well since the latest patches (Windows 7 is probably not supported).

Level 13
What colours are you talking about? 1.29 introduced 12 more player colours to be used in mapping and melee.
As for wide screen, it should have that, definitely. If not, try a more stable version as 1.30.4 or maybe even the latest 1.36 :D
That is my problem tried updating but it didn't work I am still at 12 colors and no widescreen so I am trying to find the correct link and some help .

Level 13
As deepstrasz said, player limit has now been extended to 24 with the new 12 colors, as does the Widescreen, since 1.29.
There is no patch that allows you to play with more colors or even use the higher resolution. Even Warcraft III resolution for the main menu was still on 4:3. That's why the developers had introduced a black unused bars on game menu and the unused UIs in-game itself.
I assume you are referring to an unofficial one with even more player colors, which most people clarified it's fake.
If you want better experiences, I highly suggest getting the Reforged (1.36) than 1.30.4, although there are major changes within 1.36 like native custom campaigns in Reforged (though only supports the SD mode and doesn't even work on all campaigns).
Last, but not least, remember that not all versions of non-Reforged Warcraft III are bug-free. The system requirements has been changed as well since the latest patches (Windows 7 is probably not supported).
I am running Windows 7 reforged will not run on this computer trying to up date Frozen Throne

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
That is my problem tried updating but it didn't work I am still at 12 colors and no widescreen so I am trying to find the correct link and some help
Please don't multipost. It's not the first time you do it and been notified about it (on your profile).

Probably, you must have not installed the version properly. Also, note that you need the game CD-Keys to play versions from 1.29-onward.
What do you mean by "tried updating but it didn't work"? Tell us how you did it so we can understand why it didn't work.

Level 13
Instead of hitting the reply link do I just reply like this ? if so why is there a reply link? I clicked the link I had it got to the point where it wanted my battle net password etc so I had to install battle net finished the install and nothing,
I am running Windows 7,Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne and I had my CD Keys ready had this game right after they came out with it .

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Instead of hitting the reply link do I just reply like this ? if so why is there a reply link? I clicked the link I had it got to the point where it wanted my battle net password etc so I had to install battle net finished the install and nothing,
I am running Windows 7,Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne and I had my CD Keys ready had this game right after they came out with it .
No, you don't reply in different posts. You reply to more people in the same post. Like drag the mouse over the text you want to quote and click reply. And then do the same to the text on some one else's post. Check these images: deleting or editing a post and please fix the above multipost.

About the game, for 1.29 you definitely do not need Battle.net. You have to "install" the game from: WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO) and access it though Warcraft.exe not the Battle.net app or Launcher.

Level 13
No, you don't reply in different posts. You reply to more people in the same post. Like drag the mouse over the text you want to quote and click reply. And then do the same to the text on some one else's post. Check these images: deleting or editing a post and please fix the above multipost.

About the game, for 1.29 you definitely do not need Battle.net. You have to "install" the game from: WC3 Download Archive (1.00 - 1.31.1 + BETA & DEMO) and access it though Warcraft.exe not the Battle.net app or Launcher.
is this how you reply confusing

Level 29
I am running Windows 7 reforged will not run on this computer trying to up date Frozen Throne
Windows 7 is not officially supported for most newer games because it was already shut down on January 2020 (in other words, it no longer receieved an important updates). Even Windows 8.1. did the same thing a week earlier. The only way to enjoy the best experience for most games is upgrade your OS to Windows 11. Make sure you have a computer that supports 64-Bit CPU, as this OS only provides 64-Bit version.

Even though Blizzard used the updated system requirements from January 2020, at that time Reforged had gone gold, I assume that Blizzard had patched numerous DLL files by the time they released a new update to make it only compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Also, make sure you have a good computer. A Quad Core CPU with at least 16 GB of RAM and 2 or 4 GB of Video Card RAM prove sufficient for playing the most recent games. Even Reforged struggled a lot when you play on moderate computer, especially with HD graphics being enabled.

If you still want Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne 20 years since the first release and don't mind of getting the new features in Reforged, all you have to do is follow deepstrasz's suggestion. Use the link that he provided, then make sure you installed the game correctly. After that, you must start the game using the "Warcraft III.exe" and NOT the Launcher (or even directly from Battle.net app) as it will install the 1.36 version of Reforged.

If the game still prompts you for CD-Key, use this bypass method. It should work.

is this how you reply confusing
You have to use the "Quote" option if you want to answer multiple questions. Posting it with separate replies is against the rules.

Level 13
Windows 7 is not officially supported for most newer games because it was already shut down on January 2020 (in other words, it no longer receieved an important updates). Even Windows 8.1. did the same thing a week earlier. The only way to enjoy the best experience for most games is upgrade your OS to Windows 11. Make sure you have a computer that supports 64-Bit CPU, as this OS only provides 64-Bit version.

Even though Blizzard used the updated system requirements from January 2020, at that time Reforged had gone gold, I assume that Blizzard had patched numerous DLL files by the time they released a new update to make it only compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Also, make sure you have a good computer. A Quad Core CPU with at least 16 GB of RAM and 2 or 4 GB of Video Card RAM prove sufficient for playing the most recent games. Even Reforged struggled a lot when you play on moderate computer, especially with HD graphics being enabled.

If you still want Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne 20 years since the first release and don't mind of getting the new features in Reforged, all you have to do is follow deepstrasz's suggestion. Use the link that he provided, then make sure you installed the game correctly. After that, you must start the game using the "Warcraft III.exe" and NOT the Launcher (or even directly from Battle.net app) as it will install the 1.36 version of Reforged.

My comp will not do Reforged but should handle 1.29 update