• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Truevision Targa Icon problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
What I did was I found a bunch of images online, saved them as bitmaps, and reduced their size to 64x64.

My next step would be to convert a bitmap to Truevision Targa format, then to import it into WC3.

I have no problem importing .BLP formats, and pathing them correctly, but I do have one issue:

how exactly should I save the TGAs? I tried in all combinations of 8-16-24 bit and uncompressed\compressed, and none of them worked.

Im using paint shop pro to do the batch conversions,
and I'm using UMSWE to make my map.

And if im wasting my time here... does anyone know how to do a batch conversion of TGA to BLP? thx.

Abraxas) said:
I tried in all combinations of 8-16-24 bit and uncompressed\compressed, and none of them worked.

Use 32-bit uncompressed in order to make it work properly. If PSP doesn't support 32-bit, try GIMP (it's free to download and use, google for it).

Abraxas) said:
And if im wasting my time here... does anyone know how to do a batch conversion of TGA to BLP? thx.

I would recommend "Warcraft III Image Extractor II" wich can be downloaded in this site, but Warcraft III Viewer should also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.