• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Troubles with starting positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a problem with starting positions in a 12 players melee map. I tried to work with the ally priorities tab, but players end up in weird positions (like one player between 4 enemies and stuff like that).
Is there a way to guarantee allies to spawn next to each other in both 3v3v3v3 and 6v6 scenarios?

Level 14
I thought, that in a normal melee game, the game engine itself chooses player positions to be more likely next to allies - lets say this is true, then the question arises whether you messed with any of the melee trigger actions or the editor settings about teams ... ?

Level 25
Easy solution: Set player properties to fixed.
Harder solution: Set player properties to fixed, remove the "create melee units for each player " and instead spawn units and a town hall for each player where you want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.