• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trouble with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi im trying to make a trigger that spawns waves of mobs to attack a point on the map when a specific unit gets to that point and so far have not had much success. im kind new to the editor but i do understand it. i have a time that starts when this unit hits the point but it just keeps repeating the text and not spawning any mobs. could one of you triggering experts point me in the right direction..? thanks

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Think logically what you are after and break it down into doable steps.

Firstly try spawning any unit at any time, once that works then try adding the trigger for moving the unit (enters region, order entering unit to point). Then try getting your spawn start triggers working (so it does not spam text and stuff). Finally put everything together and your done.

Level 2
well i have a unit that when it reaches a point on the map i want a timer to start and start spawning waves to attack the base. i have a trigger that when the unit gets to the base it displays text so that is working. i will pm you a link to the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.