• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tropicallo

Contents

Tropicallo (Map)

Reviews
Wolverabid 8/10 Footmen at war: no women or children allowed!

M

Wolverabid
8/10
Footmen at war: no women or children allowed!

Level 22
I liked the game much, but a few suggestions: Play some music. make the AI work better maybe (sometimes a few attacked but the base was totally full of enemys)
but its good that they use upgrades.
I found some bugs:
The attack upgrade of the 'evil' side works but it doesnt show the lvl in that little square at the weapon type, it stays 0.
The armor upgrade was messed. 1 player had 3 upgrades but 0 armor, another player had 3 upgrades and 6 armor. another1 had 4 upgradees and 4 armor. (all on the evil side, I think it went good on the good side (the rosilia)
And I think the ship has a little 2 much hp. dmg is good

Level 22
Ignore the upgrade "numbers". All the upgrades are still there regardless. The AI upgrading is completely random, so sometimes they'll research lots of attack and no armor and vise versa. Generally they upgrade fairl even across the board. Just whatever they upgrade first get the "number" displayed next to the icon. whether it be attack, armor, HP, ect. Also keep in mind some upgrades only apply to units that spawn after the upgrade is finished, while others apply to all units immediatly. As for clumps of units not doing anything, I have a periodic event that gets them moving again (only if the units are owned by the computer). There is very limited AI support, but the slots have to be filled with computer players, but even then all the'll do is upgrade and attack-move the spawned units to the center and then to the enemy beachheads. I debated importing music, but it simply would have increased the file size too much. Instead, just the default music plays. Thanks for the feedback!

You may think the boats have a lot of HP, but when its late game and a lot of upgrades have been researched, it can lose them pretty fast. :wink:
-VGsatomi