• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TrollBoarRiderVI

This is another ill-reputed, quite feared Troll unit. A brutal, infamous Troll Warrior Mounting a fiercy boar. The Boar Riders, or nicknamed ''Hoggers'' are the most feared Troll cavalry after the Shark Riders and battle turtles. Unlike the raptor rider or orcish wolf riders, the ''Hoggers'' don't only raid and feast on cattle. They also let their ever-hungry mounts feast and ruin crops and fields as well, which makes them to terrible raiders. Unlike shark or raptor riders, boar riders occur at almost any continent of Azeroth without having trouble with cold weather or icy waters. The cold-blooded raptors can't operate that well in cold places, unlike the well-fitted boars. Troll Boar Riders are wandering & raiding at many places. Another difference is their lack of belonging to a tribe or following certain cults. They're just live like free maurodeurs in almost any place. They're commonly used as mercenaries, whereas they've been seen in Outland as well.
This is the standard boar rider, a slightly armored Troll with a halberd and a war-painted boar. It's a pretty fast moving, medium armored cavalry unit, that is best used for pillaging villages, raiding unguarded bases and for destroying enemy concentrations in forests, where huge formations are next to impossible. Boars are also considerably heavier-built than wolves, which makes them more resistant and allows stampeding enemy infantry, even pikemen with lower risks than usual cavalry. Only a handfull of ground units can take them down.

Feel free to use it in any way you want! Have fun with it! :wink:

EDIT 1: my thanks to Misha's good moderation, which made me aware of a few minor flaws that somehow escaped me when uploading this model first. Now the problems have been solved: the rider's legs don't clip into the boar's legs now. They look like moving behind the boar's front legs now. Also fixed the wrong assigned vertices on the first pair of the boar's tusks. :wink:

Keywords:
Troll boar rider, troll hogg rider, troll pig rider, pig rider, hogg rider, boar rider, pig, boar, hogg, rider, troll cavalry, hogg, boar, mount,
Contents

TrollBoarRiderVI (Model)

TrollBoarRiderVI (Model)

Reviews
22:34, 7th Apr 2013 Misha: This one.. is epic, lol
Boar Rider HUASHUSAHUASHUSAHUASHUUHASHUASHUASUHASHUASUH
ASHUSAUH

funny xD
but... nice model ! 4/5 by creativity
ty :ogre_hurrhurr:

Very good. I always imagined a model like this, but using a bow.

Only thing I did not like is the weapon that looks very heavy and large for a one-handed weapon.
lol, thought initially of making a second version with a bow, but i think thrown axes fit more to trolls :wink:

one question.. was rexxar's boar summon in TFT this detailed? o_O
yes, the Quillbeast is that detailed, i just removed its spikes from the neck and lowered a bit the hairs on its back. :wink:

great model dear uncle and the description is just awsome :) realy creative 5/5 !!
ty, dear neffew :ogre_haosis:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
It'd be nice to see screenshots with alternate views of the subject (and/or in-game shots, for that perspective).

That being said, I'm surprisingly somewhat impressed with this one. Not digging the lore-bending that puts Ice/Jungle Trolls on Boards, but the model seems tight, the warpaint/armor is tasteful, the weapon is interesting... (a little on the heavy side, though; wielding a 2-handed weapon in one hand??).

It'd be nice to see screenshots with alternate views of the subject (and/or in-game shots, for that perspective).

That being said, I'm surprisingly somewhat impressed with this one. Not digging the lore-bending that puts Ice/Jungle Trolls on Boards, but the model seems tight, the warpaint/armor is tasteful, the weapon is interesting... (a little on the heavy side, though; wielding a 2-handed weapon in one hand??).
lol, i first thought of making an axe, but then i considered that this would be rly overdone from weapon weight. :wink: Well, the current one also seems pretty heavy, though i tried to make the blade rather thin so that it doesn't look that much like a heavy one. Anyways, thx for your rating and feedback. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Looks very good, but the axe is too big for 1-handed and imo the boar is too hq for the troll.
Well, the weapon is only handed in attack 1 as one handed, in attack 2 the rider uses both hands to strike with it. Why to HQ? :goblin_jawdrop: The rider has enough armor stuff added to look better :vw_unimpressed:

:D :D Boar ? :D Nice Idea . As Always 5/5
ty :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 3
The screenshot doesn't do this model justice! It looks amazing in the editor, and the use of wolf rider animations is splendid. Also, the warpaint gives a really cool impression when seen from a bird's-eye view (usually the most important perspective).

5/5 :thumbs_up:

Pretty good, creative.
thx :ogre_hurrhurr:

I thought you wasn't allowed to use WoW models, but otherwise great job.
Actually, that rule changed. You are allowed to use WoW models now, but they have to be modified (i.e. contain enough changes and not simply be converted into WC3 models). That aside, what made you say that? :vw_wtf: This model is made out of WC 3 ingame stuff only. If you mean the boar, it's the Beastmaster's (Rexxar's) summoned minion. :wink:

Level 1
thx :ogre_hurrhurr:

Actually, that rule changed. You are allowed to use WoW models now, but they have to be modified (i.e. contain enough changes and not simply be converted into WC3 models). That aside, what made you say that? :vw_wtf: This model is made out of WC 3 ingame stuff only. If you mean the boar, it's the Beastmaster's (Rexxar's) summoned minion. :wink:
I see, apologies then.