• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Troll Headhunter Cannibalize Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey, I need someone to create an extra animation for the Headhunter using his Stand - 3 animation and making it it's stand - channel animation, so it would work for cannibalize. I also need it to have the chewing sound. Thanks.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
That's a great idea (hmm... Jungle Troll race?), but it should totally be doable in Magos. Just open the Sequence Editor of Magos Model Editor, change the name of the "Stand-3" to "Stand Channel", change it's rarity to 0, set it to "looping" (somewheres... might be Geoset Anims? I have no idea what I'm talking about :p), and voila.

Oh, and open the Node Editor and add a Sound in that only plays during the keyframe of the newly-christened Stand Channel. If you're not sure what that would look like, open the Ghoul or Abomination and copy/paste from there.

I'd try to whip it up myself, but I GOTS TO GO TO BED.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
It's really quite fortunate that such an animation (Stand - 3) exists as it does. As you realized, it's nearly perfect when looped & modified for a Cannabilize anim.

Which reminds me, I've got to work in corpse-collecting/eating/using into my Trolls a little more... I'm curious to see what you've got cooking, mattdraw. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.