• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Troll Grunts

Troll Versions of Grunts

Edit Notes: Thanks to Mr Ogre man's help the Ice Trolls have a new skull mask, Dark Troll has a new weapons and the portraits of the models have been edited

Do Not Edit Without My Permission Or Redistribute On Hive or Other Sites
Contents

Dark Troll Grunt (Model)

Dark Troll Grunt Icon (Icon)

Dark Troll Grunt Portrait (Model)

Forest Troll Grunt (Model)

Forest Troll Grunt Icon (Icon)

Forest Troll Grunt Portrait (Model)

Ice Troll Grunt (Model)

Ice Troll Grunt Icon (Icon)

Ice Troll Grunt Portrait (Model)

Jungle Troll Grunt (Model)

Jungle Troll Grunt Icon (Icon)

Jungle Troll Grunt Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
The models look great, honestly. They only need a couple of tweaks: -The portraits should be optimised, that is, you should cut them in half to reduce size (just deleting the vertices below the navel should do the trick). -The dark troll's weapon...
Level 8
Feels like the Trolls should have their own Tech Tree seeing as the fact that there's already 3 Units on the Orc Race, Batrider, Witch Doctor, and Headhunter/Berserker, 1 Troll Hero Shadow Hunter, and One Building Voodoo lunge.

Now with these mods we got Troll Lumber Mill, and now this.

I wonder if there's like more to the Darkspear and Forest Troll Units with their own Tech Tree of Buildings, Units, and Heroes?

Feels like the Trolls should have their own Tech Tree seeing as the fact that there's already 3 Units on the Orc Race, Batrider, Witch Doctor, and Headhunter/Berserker, 1 Troll Hero Shadow Hunter, and One Building Voodoo lunge.

Now with these mods we got Troll Lumber Mill, and now this.

I wonder if there's like more to the Darkspear and Forest Troll Units with their own Tech Tree of Buildings, Units, and Heroes?
Wait and see ;)

The models look great, honestly. They only need a couple of tweaks:

-The portraits should be optimised, that is, you should cut them in half to reduce size (just deleting the vertices below the navel should do the trick).
-The dark troll's weapon could be changed to something that looks more dark-trolley, as it's just a geomerge from a satyr. While the hilt looks fine, the blade doesn't match the geometrical shapes of the rest of the dark troll weapons.
-The ice troll needs another mask, imo. It really doesn't fit, neither graphically (some bad clippings in the mouth and the eyes) nor thematically. I'd suggest giving him a frozen or semi-frozen skull, like the ones from the ice priests. It does fit quite well, though, in the forest troll version.
-The models float sometimes, but that's a pain in the ass to fix and it's barely noticeable.

Only the first one is mandatory, the rest of the tweaks are just my two cents.

Level 2
Is it possible to change the death sounds for the units? They currently all sound like the Orc Grunt when they die. It'd be nice if they had their preferred races deaths. The amani trolls having the Forest Troll death sound which I believe the Frost, Ice, and Dark Trolls all use the same death sound. The Jungle Trolls like the headhunter use a different one all together and should be given to the Jungle Troll Grunt if possible.

Is it possible to change the death sounds for the units? They currently all sound like the Orc Grunt when they die. It'd be nice if they had their preferred races deaths. The amani trolls having the Forest Troll death sound which I believe the Frost, Ice, and Dark Trolls all use the same death sound. The Jungle Trolls like the headhunter use a different one all together and should be given to the Jungle Troll Grunt if possible.
It is more hard to so and I choose to keep the death sounds as they are