• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tristrain

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
this map is just a normal strategy map (i think lol) where you make some farms and train lots of units and then taking over other places (lol) i can make a list of units if u want it but the only problem is that there is more than 33 units (and buildings) and would be hard to list them all.
btw many of them is upgradeable (all exept the starting unit wich is a worker) and without all of the upgrades there is about 7 buildings and 4 units (i think *sigh*)

but just to be kind ill make a list of them with upgrades...

---Buildings---
-Farm 1 - Makes food
--Farm 2
---Farm 3
-Gold depot 1 - A drop off point for gold
--Gold Depot 2
---Gold Depot 3
-Holy Shrine 1 - Here you train your hero
--Holy Shrine 2
---Holy Shrine 3
-Lumber Farm 1 - Drop off point for lumber and makes some food
--Lumber Farm 2
---Lumber Farm 3
-Main Building 1 - Each upgrade increases tech level
--Main Building 2
---Main Building 3
----Main Building 4
-----Main Building 5
-Barrack 1 - here you train armys
--Barrack 2
---Barrack 3
----Barrack 4
-----Barrack 5
-Smith 1 - Here you research armor and abils
--Smith 2
---Smith 3

---Units---
-Worker - builds and works
-Elite Swordsman 1 - Trained Elite soldier
--Elite Swordsman 2
---Elite Swordsman 3
-Swordsman 1 - Trained foot soldier
--Swordsman 2
---Swordsman 3
----Swordsman 4
-----Swordsman 5
-Raider 1 - Ranged raiding unit
--Raider 2

---Heroes---
-Captain
-Firemage

i wrote ''12'' in tags becuz im 12 years old... SIMPLE

-*Change Log*-

-Version 0.51 <= to congrat that i'll make a hero just for u!
-Fatal bug!... i forgot to set the building where you get the hero from in to the building section! (so in v0.5 you cant build it *sigh* he made a mistake!
-Changed units at orange creep camp
-Changed time to mine
-Removed call to arms spell
-Fixed tooltips
-Fixed Gold cost
-Removed mana from Raiders

-Version 0.52
-Removed return gold and lumber spell at Holy Shrine (*sigh* he made a mistake)

-Version 0.53
-Fixed color on Raider 2 from 150 blue to 180 blue
-Fixed minor things (like hero cost, mana, life and so on...)

-Version 0.6
-Added new hero (Fire Mage)
-Changed some creep camps
-Changed Terrain around Gold Mines
-Changed Terrain around Main Buildings

-Version 0.61
-Decreased build time by 20 (worker by 10) due to request

-Version 0.62
-Removed buildings at red start pos (oops, he, did again!...<-- not becuz i love britney spears... just what fit it most ^^...)

Keywords:
Tris, Train, Tristrain, Strategy, Real, Time, Realtime, Hero, Units, Many, 12, New, Units, Footman
Contents

Tristrain (Map)

Reviews
15:18, 2nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Don't upload such low quality maps here. Bad terrain, little originality, poor tooltips, missing hotkeys, in overall bad Object Editor Work, poor packaging, Rejected. Consider uploading your map to Epicwar.

M

15:18, 2nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Don't upload such low quality maps here. Bad terrain, little originality, poor tooltips, missing hotkeys, in overall bad Object Editor Work, poor packaging, Rejected. Consider uploading your map to Epicwar.

Level 6
if you find any bugs errors and others (or just got an idea) then send me an E-mail to [email protected]
why arent you sending me emails????

Edit: ok ill stop post so much (havnt read ALL the rules) ill try adding multiple races (but no promise)
also i want to say thanks to all who is backing me up!

Edit:
Humm, this kind of reminds me of Pimp my Peon :D
The map would be better if you added like:
Different races- so you would have more choices, and specialicing things.
More crossroads perhaps? Upgrading into different thing i mean (Try Civilication wars)
Special effects?
A more nuanced Terrain also :D

Edit: oh yea, in your tags your saying "Many", "Real", "Time" 2 times each

why is this reminding you pimp my peon?? (havnt looked at that when i made this map)

Edit: ok now i removed thoose starting buildings at red place (just forgot thoose ^^)

Er... you do post alot, I know 3 post s called triple posting but what about 5 times xD. You can edit your reply would be best if you started doing that cause double posting isn't realy a good thing to do...

Your map, well basicly I disagree with hookah, he might not like different races but I can tell you that about 4 out of 5 people would just love to have multiple races to pick from.
Balancing is hard but I know you can do it if you try with alot of people.

And if you can't host, try asking in the forums for some people that want to balance out your map.

You need more different units to give it more a strategy feeling (something wc3 melee is lacking since u can just mass one unit and that's not realy a strategy but don't get me started xD), Like calvery, infantry, ranged you can make it like, Infantry > Ranged, Ranged > Calvery, Calvery > Infantry.
Just a suggestion.

I'm looking forward to future versions of your work, keep it up!

hmm... let me think about it... SUGGESTION PASSED!!...
ill try adding calvery and range... THANKS!!

Last edited:
Level 22
More crossroads perhaps? Upgrading into different thing i mean (Try Civilication wars)
Special effects?

Last edited:
Level 5
walls, towers, siege barrack (catapult), more upgrades (upgrades which increase the amount of the gold mined by peasents or wood, hp and speed upgrade for the units, armor and hit point upgrades for buildings), healer unit, aura units, more ranged units (archer) and more melee units (knight).

Level 22
Balancing is always hard, but if you try fokusing on some speciality (Elfes with Ranged things-Dwarfs with better melee and so on)
You sould be able to find out.
Get a lot of Beta Testers, and host it a lot of times, with one guy on each race, to find out if any is superior.
I mean that there also is a tool (In the hives Tool section) Which can balance things, havent tried it though.
And ofcourse the Terrains can always be better :grin:

Level 3
Just like the map description tells you: a normal strategy map.

Some things I like to mention:
1) Building stuff takes too long. I almost fell asleep.
2) If there is no reason for Day/Night cycle it could be disabled.
3) Why do I need this when I can play just normal Warcraft 3?

Anyway, overall it is an ok map. Nothing special here.

Level 6
Just like the map description tells you: a normal strategy map.

Some things I like to mention:
1) Building stuff takes too long. I almost fell asleep.
2) If there is no reason for Day/Night cycle it could be disabled.
3) Why do I need this when I can play just normal Warcraft 3?

Anyway, overall it is an ok map. Nothing special here.

1) i wanted it to be more real like so i increased the build time (if you play single then u can try cheat;) )
2) units sight radius thought of that?
3) u dont need... its more... i wanted to show what i can do (and just cuz there is no triggers it dont means that i can make them!

Level 6
Special effects?

oops my fault
thx for sayin' :)

Level 6
Balancing is always hard, but if you try fokusing on some speciality (Elfes with Ranged things-Dwarfs with better melee and so on)
You sould be able to find out.
Get a lot of Beta Testers, and host it a lot of times, with one guy on each race, to find out if any is superior.
I mean that there also is a tool (In the hives Tool section) Which can balance things, havent tried it though.
And ofcourse the Terrains can always be better :grin:

the only problem is....
i cant host (it sucks)
i dont think that anyone would beta test this (also there is not enough that ppl's that nows map)

Level 17
Er... you do post alot, I know 3 post s called triple posting but what about 5 times xD. You can edit your reply would be best if you started doing that cause double posting isn't realy a good thing to do...

Your map, well basicly I disagree with hookah, he might not like different races but I can tell you that about 4 out of 5 people would just love to have multiple races to pick from.
Balancing is hard but I know you can do it if you try with alot of people.

And if you can't host, try asking in the forums for some people that want to balance out your map.

You need more different units to give it more a strategy feeling (something wc3 melee is lacking since u can just mass one unit and that's not realy a strategy but don't get me started xD), Like calvery, infantry, ranged you can make it like, Infantry > Ranged, Ranged > Calvery, Calvery > Infantry.
Just a suggestion.

I'm looking forward to future versions of your work, keep it up!