• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trinity

Reactions: Arrr
AdjektivMusic Presents

(3) Trinity
Created by AdjektivMusic

Map Info:

This island is famous for its triangular shape and unmatched beauty. Over the time it captivated thousands of adventurers. Too bad that most of them did not return. There are rumors about a powerful golem that decorates this island with skulls...scary!

Features:

- the big golem in the middle always drops the chargeable item to summon a golem, besides the lvl 4 permanent item.

Screenshots:

Just open it in the world editor, god damn it!

Triangular%20Ilsand.jpg

Change Log:

V.1.0 - Deymn is this map fresh.

Keywords:
Melee, Warcraft 3, Tavern, Shop, Goblin Lab, 3 Players, Landscape, Terrain, Sweet
Contents

Trinity (Map)

Reviews
11:52, 7th Apr 2016 Rufus: Rufus ReviewMap ScoreGameplay:25 / 30Aesthetics:15 / 20Total:40 / 50 Rating Chart 45-505/5 Highly Recommended35-444/5 Recommended25-343/5 Useful15-242/5 Lacking0-141/5 Unacceptable Gameplay The creep camps are...

M

11:52, 7th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:25 / 30
Aesthetics:15 / 20
Total:40 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The creep camps are balanced.
The items they drop are balanced aswell. I especially like that there are many tomes available for better hero growth.
No player has a positioning advantage.
The gold expansions gold amount are balanced.
Plenty of medium sized open areas that allows for battle clashes.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The very small fog effect was excellent. Just enough to make the map look better, but on the same time barely visible. Perfect.

I would say that you have been using the skulls on pike doodad too much as it is visible in almost all creep camps.

You are very good at placing trees and tiles. The map doesn't have many doodads at all, but it still looks pretty good thanks to their exquicit placement. Well done.

The higher/lower tool has been used subtly just as the fog. Barely being visible while contributing to a good terrain. Cliffs are also very well used as I couldn't find one place where they looked unnatural.

The map is however lacking some doodads. Perhaps you could use more columns and add to that "sacred haven" concept a little more. At certain places there could be more. What you have used already is expertly placed around the map. Proceed and decorate the rest of the map in an extended fashion.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
-

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
Gameplay is balanced and acceptable for melee gameplay.
Very well made terrain for a macro perspective. However, it could use some details upgrades by placing smaller doodads in good positions.
With just a little more work here I will improve the rating.

Approved with a rating of 3/5.

Level 17
Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Review
Map Score
Gameplay:25 / 30
Aesthetics:15 / 20
Total:40 / 50

Rating Chart
45-505/5 Highly Recommended
35-444/5 Recommended
25-343/5 Useful
15-242/5 Lacking
0-141/5 Unacceptable

mapdev.gif
Gameplay
The creep camps are balanced.
The items they drop are balanced aswell. I especially like that there are many tomes available for better hero growth.
No player has a positioning advantage.
The gold expansions gold amount are balanced.
Plenty of medium sized open areas that allows for battle clashes.

terrianforum.gif
Aesthetics
The very small fog effect was excellent. Just enough to make the map look better, but on the same time barely visible. Perfect.

I would say that you have been using the skulls on pike doodad too much as it is visible in almost all creep camps.

You are very good at placing trees and tiles. The map doesn't have many doodads at all, but it still looks pretty good thanks to their exquicit placement. Well done.

The higher/lower tool has been used subtly just as the fog. Barely being visible while contributing to a good terrain. Cliffs are also very well used as I couldn't find one place where they looked unnatural.

The map is however lacking some doodads. Perhaps you could use more columns and add to that "sacred haven" concept a little more. At certain places there could be more. What you have used already is expertly placed around the map. Proceed and decorate the rest of the map in an extended fashion.

triggersandscriptsforum.gif
Bugs
-

updatesandnewsforum.gif
Summary
Gameplay is balanced and acceptable for melee gameplay.
Very well made terrain for a macro perspective. However, it could use some details upgrades by placing smaller doodads in good positions.
With just a little more work here I will improve the rating.

Approved with a rating of 3/5.

Sidenote:
nice
really nice

(would suggest setting patch to last patch)
Ye but there is a problem that comes with it - if you set it to last patch you lose the "melee" status inside wc3 - that I do not want.

About the Tags - thanks. They are kinda lame anyways :)

Just some clarification:
Actually, that tag doesn't really matter much. that is just an indicator for the creator to see if accidently broke any rules. Updating it to the latest patch will not unable you to upload it to the hive as a melee map.

Level 2
Hey,

I come from the earlier times of wc3. Back than nobody would join a melee game, if it was flagged differently. Everybody suspected implemented cheats and stuff.

So basicily I still do this to keep the maps as "Blizzardish" as possible. I also tried to remove all the doddads to reduce the ammount of distraction if that makes any sense. :)

Level 16
I did a long review thingie, and I can maybe give ya the full thing if ye want, but here's a short version of it.

Great map, though few flaws. Distances between mercs and gold mines are not equal for all sides, making certain gold mines more valueable.
Some players can AoW Creep orange lab camp, others can't. Remove unphatable terrain and add some trees.
Total distance from base to base is a bit large. Mostly favors human or expanding races in whatever matchup would be occuring, also due to easy expansion and multiple choices.
Limited long/route paths to flank enemy. Makes holding a choke very valuable. Again favours defensive races in match-ups.
Main base lab, supporting yet again human and races that are behind on tech/lumber, and gives easy access to reveals.

Not sure how one would fix above balance, without major changes. Perhaps swap merc/lab? Dunno.

Asthetically the map is perfect. Would not change a thing. Blizzard style at it's best, which is what any melee map should aspire to. Not sure about theme, and I like orginality, it is a bit bland and standard. I'd least like to mix a few terrains, but this is not a negative, just perhaps a suggestion for future maps. Tileset was used to its fullest and well done.

Random idea, since not all map seemingly used. Island expansions might be worthy of a consideration.