• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

triggers-- make everyone in region friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
how do you set up a region where everyone is friendly to eachother but as soon as they leave that region they will kick everyones butt?

example: castle in the middle of the map. unit of red enters through a gate into the castle and can trade there, with other units, for example from blue. but if he is out of the castle and sees blue he would attack blue.

ive been playin around with the Set Alliance, and modify Alliance settings--triggers but so far without any good result. so does anyone have some pointers for me? ( for example would it help if i DONT try to make just one trigger for it but multiple triggers, or use some kind of variables, etc etc )

Level 8
Event
--------
Unit enters (YOUR REGION)

Action
--------
Unit Group:
Pick every unit in (YOUR REGION)
And do action
Make picked unit invulnerable
---------------------------------------------

Event
--------
Unit leaves (YOUR REGION)

Action
---------
UNIT:
Make leaveing unit vulnerable

Level 9
well, i think the only way is to mess with alliance properties.

event * a unit enters (castle)
condition * Unit = hero(1)
actions * Player group - pick every player in (all players) and do Make (picked player) treat Player (1) as an Ally with shared vision.

And the other way around.. as far as i know.
goodluck :)

Level 3
Lonely Wolf. said:
Event
--------
Unit enters (YOUR REGION)

Action
--------
Unit Group:
Pick every unit in (YOUR REGION)
And do action
Make picked unit invulnerable
---------------------------------------------

Event
--------
Unit leaves (YOUR REGION)

Action
---------
UNIT:
Make leaveing unit vulnerable

well this wouldnt be something i want cuz in the castle are playercontrolled ogres who can trade with merchants coming into the castle. but ogres dontlike it if they are being scammed, and only know 1 way of solving the problem then *boing*

anyways ill try.

Level 4
Idea: (Will change all players owned by player)

Enter Castle Region:

Make a custom player group and add the player to the group when the enter the castle region, and make them allys to the other players in the group. And make other players allys to them.

Exit Castle region:

Make player unally to players in group, Make other players unally the leaving player, and remove them from the custom player group.

Level 4
i just thought of something else as well...

This will only work if your not using that make player slots.

IF

your only using player slots 1-4 for the players

THEN

You could use player slots 5-8 for when the player enter the castle region.

How you say?

Well, if a unit owned by player 1 enters the castle region change the units ownership to player 5 and then give control of the unit to player 1.

Viola!

Else

If your using all the player slots, which you probably are, then this wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.