• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggers Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I attempted to do a tutorial about some basic triggers abilities.I failed.
I have a question - I need to do the following:

Actions
Set TempReal = (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing TempReal damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Can anyone explain this please?Rep+ and thanks.

Level 4
This detects the Strength of the casting unit and deals damage equal to the amount of strength to the unit, on which the ability was cast. Don't realize what you don't get.

I mean to explain me how to do it:xxd:
I don't know where the TempReal is located !@!@!

Level 14
I attempted to do a tutorial about some basic triggers abilities.I failed.
I have a question - I need to do the following:

Actions
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing TempReal damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Can anyone explain this please?Rep+ and thanks.

you set a variable called TempReal to the amount of strength of the unit that was starting the trigger *triggering unit* (unit that starts the event)
then you are going to deal damage to the *triggering unit* which is the same as the previous

which means your ordering to deal an amount of damage to a unit, where the amount is the same as the strength of that unit

EDIT: sry didnt see your post....

you need to make a variable.... and call it TempReal....

how to create a variable: press controll+b in the trigger editor and click on the green x with a plus... Then give the variable a type and a name and press ok... (type would probably be Real)
now when you want to change the value of that variable you go to the action: set variable

and you do everything they ask you to do :)

Level 4
you set a variable called TempReal to the amount of strength of the unit that was starting the trigger *triggering unit* (unit that starts the event)
then you are going to deal damage to the *triggering unit* which is the same as the previous

which means your ordering to deal an amount of damage to a unit, where the amount is the same as the strength of that unit

Take it easy man, I started doing this 4 hours ago:razz:

Level 14
Take it easy man, I started doing this 4 hours ago:razz:

then start off with looking through tutorials instead of asking questions how to do stuff that is explained in basic trigger tutorials :)

here is the tutorial section:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tutorials.php

you can search for something like this that might help you out:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basics-of-triggers-32113/

And something like this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/variables-5896/

Level 28

TempReal implies to a variable.
Real is a real number like 0.01 or 21.00, basically everything you use to calculate etc
To set it up, open the variable editor (ctrl + x) and add a new one, name it TempReal.
Now go back to the trigger editor and for actions, click on Set Variable.
Choose your variable and confirm.

Now you have to set the value it holds, which is: (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))

The strength (e.g. 18) is a integer.
The action Real(...) converts the parameter (the stuff inside the brackets) from x to a real - in your case choose Mathematics - Integer to Real.
Now, the (Triggering Unit) is the unit which refers to the given event, like
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove (Triggering Unit) from the game
(Triggering Unit) works in the most cases like 'starts the effect of an ability' or 'dies' AND it works after waits.
Now we have to say that things like (Target unit of ability being cast) does NOT work after a wait, so you have to set a variable to it (see above).

Now the second action Causes the (Triggering Unit) to damage the unit on which the ability is casted be the amount you choose.
Here, it's TempReal, so basically the Strength of the unit which casts the ability.

Further details?

Status
Not open for further replies.