• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggering help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Okay, i want to have the slaughterhouse build a ground transport unit which is cloaked (I already made that unit) that comes with 8 ghouls loaded inside as soon as it is built. If you ever played C&C Generals, it's kinda like China's troop crawler. :)

Level 2
Yes i have...
Well in script its easy, but i dont help you with my script becouse i can't take risks but its easy to do so you get 8 units when you get the Transport.. but that they are gonna be boarded :/ in trigger:/

then i don't know; there is manny limits when you want that...

Level 2
I've already tried that out, well then its gonna be like this. When the Transport is finished then there is gonna creates 8ghouls near the "van" and then you need to set them in the transport manually... -_- belive me.

Level 3
to make it automaticly trigger should go something like this

Transport Events
Unit - A unit enters start <gen>
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Entering unit)) == Goblin Zeppelin
Actions
Set transport = (Entering unit)
Unit - Create 1 Ghoul for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Board transport
Unit - Create 1 Ghoul for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees

youll need to make unit type variable, change regions and condition unit

Level 2
Well if you build a slaughter house and then you build 1 more... :/ where is the start region, allover the map :/... Your sulotion is very easy did, i could do the same but that one isent very good he want so you can build the house where ever he wants and then when the house its finished and he have trained "transport unit" then there already should be 8ghouls, //i'm working on it...

Level 2
I have fix your problem :D
it took't time but i fixed it, almost as you wannn it.
when you drop the units (ghouls) then you never can enter the Transport with units again, so it works 1 time then you need to buy a new unit.

:Object editor:
Change meatwagon abilities
delete desise cloud from meat wagon
and add mana initial amount 8000 and mana max 8000 and 0.00 mana regenation
:Abilities:
Exhume corpse; mana cost 1000
Duration; 0.10
Maximum number; 1
Techtree - requirement; none

:Trigger:
:Event:
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
:Condition:
(Ability being cast) Equal to Drop Corpse
:Action:
Unit - Create 8 Ghoul for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Position of casting unit
Wait 0.10 seconds
If (all Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Action)
If - Condition:
(Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Meat Wagon
Then - Action:
Unit -Remove (Ability being cast) from (Casting unit)
Else - Action:
None

//Abe; this works perfect test it and do exactly as i have shown here!!! :lol: :p :wink:

Level 9
Thanks for the trigger! it kinda works but...:? i need the transport unit to be able to transport with units since for my map, it is used for stealthed attacks. The ghouls in y map are pathetic and my transport unit needs to be able to hold other stronger units such as Infernals and Heroes.

BTW, im almost done with my map. I'll have it submitted by monday! U should check it out, it will be called Forces of Darkness V 1.0 (i should really come up with a better name.... :( )

It will be my first map (that's not crappy) so comments will be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.