• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered Spellcasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im trying to get a unit to vast a spell via Unit - issure order targeting unit.

It looks like: Order esunit to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Triggering Unit)

in this case, would esunit need to already have the ablility Storm Bolt, and is there any way to order the unit to cast a custom spell?

Level 4
yes they need the ability to cast their spell. So if you trigger them to cast an ability they won't if they don't have it. Also you can make units cast custom spells if you base it off another spell. Like you can change breath of fire to something custom however the order of the spell is still breath of fire and so if you order a unit to use breath of fire they will use their custom abiliity. As far as completely jassed or triggered spells that starts to get somewhat hazy and i'm not entirely sure of how that all works. I guess if you had to make a completely custom triggered spell you could give em a non harmful spell. Say make a slow spell that doesnt actually slow. Units will automatically cast slow and that casting can be the basis of your triggered spell. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.