• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger: Torch on/off & counting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As we are working on our TLC Project, we are about to finish up an abandoned mine-section, and so we need help with a trigger we're stuck at. We've worked on it so much that we need an outsider to force us to think differently. The trigger is meant to work like this:
When the unit have item A (torch), and item B (charges, in this case kerosene) the torch burns for as long as it has charges. But, in addition, the player should be able to activate/deactivate it by clicking the torch item.

Another "simplified" explanation is:

Unit picks up Torch > Torch is put in inventory > Unit picks up Kerosene > Kerosene is put in inventory > Player clicks on Torch (or Kerosene) > Torch activates; it lights up and kerosene starts counting down

When the kerosene is picked up, instead of having it appear as a separate item, we'd like to have it appear "on" the torch-item (replacing it), so the torch item goes from being a "normal" torch icon, to becoming stacked, like so:
Inventory.jpg

The numbers will then count down - losing 1 per second - when you activate it, then stop when you click it again. When a new kerosene-item is picked up, it will be added to the charges that already are there.

So, that's it, hope I didn't confuse you away. I'm guessing this can be done really easy, it's just us who have gotten tunnel-vision.

And, of course, credit and rep will be given, to anyone who helps us with either a good idea that will help us overcome this problem, or anyone that comes up with a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.