• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger- Replacing Model, without replacing stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need a trigger that replaces a units model, but not the skills, and go back and forth, any possible way?
or do i need to make a "hidden" unit with the same base stats and as the hero levels, so will the hidden unit, and just replace them? please help, thank you.

Level 24
*dies laughing, comes back to laugh some more* :lol:
use bear form or something and give both forms the same abils. if you've checked the gameplay constants you would have tried that
*repeats above cycle of dying and coming back to laugh some more* :lol:

Level 3
*laughs harder*
the last to laugh laughs better

don't you think i know that?

cant you read? i need a TRIGGER, NOT SKILL

lets say player 1 types message "transform" then he gets a new model replacing the hero he is using.

btw the units i want to transform are heroes, so the stats constantly will be changing, since its at a fast leveling map.

Level 3
yes, but will he keep the old units level, strenght, agility, and intellegence? thats what im looking for

Level 9
It is impossible to swap models with a trigger. The closest you can get is use triggers to get the old units stats, and then use triggers to set the new ones stats.

Natives to get the old stats.
----------
native GetHeroAgi takes unit whichHero, boolean includeBonuses returns integer

native GetHeroInt takes unit whichHero, boolean includeBonuses returns integer

native GetHeroStr takes unit whichHero, boolean includeBonuses returns integer

native GetHeroXP takes unit whichHero returns integer
----------

Use thoes on the hero in question, put each of them into an integer. It is exactly the same to set the stats, except replace get with set. (Set also takes an integer argument)

If you're not into jass dont worry, thoes are in the gui editor under the hero section.

Level 3
ok guys, thx for the help, i think ill try the metamorph or bear form thingy, since its easier than all those variables, one thing, anyone know how to erase that bar that covers the heroes lvl saying " Metamorphosis " or will i have to be perm metamorphosis ( but then with perm i cant go back...or can i? )

ill try out metamorphosis, if it works out, ill stay with it, or ill try the variable thingys...sound complicated to me..

maybe later on, when the map is more finished, ill take the time to learn how to use those triggers

Level 6
you can turn it off I think or make another metamorphosis with vice versa morphers and give it to morphed one

Status
Not open for further replies.