• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

re: hero replace with text (sorry 4 reposting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
ok my previous ques was how to replace an existing hero with a new hero by typing in a word. I had ppl help me but i tried to do wat they said and this is wat i got and it did not work plz help me fix this, i dont know wat i did wrong guys :(

----------------------------------------------------
Event- player(red) types message containing the text:pred as an exact match.
-----------------------------------------------------
Con- (Unit-type of Hero[(PLayer # of(triggering player))]) not equal to predator.
Action- unit-replace Hero[((Player # of(triggering player))] With a predator using the old units life and mana.

- Hero - set Hero[hero_lv[(player # of(triggeirng player)))] Hero-level to (player # of(triggering player).
varibles i made: hero_lv integer array (1)
: Hero Unit array(1)

Level 4
yah fist off sorry 4 bumping.....and second, yah i think that its my variables, i suc at them, but i just learned that there used 4 storing things (i refer to them as memory cards) lol. but i dont know how to fix it....can u type the code out 4 me to create the variables there should be 2 one 4 the hero_level and one 4 the Hero.

Level 9
i've been messing around with it for a bit, and it is very much possible, but say if you have 5 players, and 5 heroes, it would take 25 triggers.

12 players and 15 heroes... 180 triggers.

Do you want me to make it, and post the code here>?

Level 4
that would be awsome if u can get it to work lol and let me use it that would solve my problems but i onyl need to od it 4 like 4 hero's cuz there special heros
soo jsut make it 4 like 4 heros and i'll change the hero to mine that i want

Level 1
First of all: Make sure you have set the hero
Then use a trigger like this:
Code:
test
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -pred as An exact match
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -pred as An exact match
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -pred as An exact match
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -pred as An exact match
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -pred as An exact match
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Not equal to Predator
    Actions
        Set experiance[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Hero experience of hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))])
        Unit - Replace hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with a Predator using The old unit's life and mana
        Set hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (Last replaced unit)
        Hero - Set hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] experience to experiance[(Player number of (Triggering player))], Hide level-up graphics
Hero = Unit array (5)
Experiance = Integer array (5)

That code will work for players 1-5, to increase players just use that many items in the array vars and add more "Player - Player X (Color) types a chat message containing -pred as An exact match"

Level 4
i'll try it, but so with that i can only make it so 5 ppl can use it? i cant just set the unit array to 12?
And wat u mean by

"to increase players just use that many items in the array vars and add more "Player - Player X (Color) types a chat message containing -pred as An exact match""
and Angelusz does that look right? it kinda seems the same to wat u were getting at. if it looks right i guess i understand it now.

Level 4
umm well 2 things.....lol

1) people need a need a new footies that actually uses
your footies lol heros are still important , but there not as good as the upgrade foots. I let others play it and they liked it so im happy with wat i got with my first map ever built lol.

2) Um i honestly think thats to much triggers....so dont worry about it, as far as im concerned, when the new hero relaces the old one, the items ill jsut fall on the fall around him, making them actaully be equiped on him/her is jsut too much it dont have to be perfect.

Level 4
one more thing thats really important!!! this trigger will only be used to call up the 3 custom hero's that i have made, they are: Diablo, Predator, and Gandolph...yes it may seem odd 4 a footies right? but there just in the game to add some new fun heros in. only diablo is uber strong but noone uses him. i like verywell balanced games and even chances 4 everyone thats y im customing every spell. so rember only the 4 heros do, and they have to be able to be accessed by all 12 players;) thank you for your time and efforts by the way thanx.

Level 9
i'm done, i've set up the triggers for you to finish.

Also, because i took so long (sorry for that..) have i made your mass attack triggers for you, i saw you didn't understand what you were doing, now they work, you'll have to finish those yourself aswel :)

goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.