• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, i have two spells, i dont want this spell

• Fire Spin Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet FS_Timer = (FS_Timer + 1)
      • Set VariableSet FS_Point = (Position of FS_Caster)
      • Set VariableSet FS_Group = (Units within 200.00 of FS_Point.)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • FS_Timer Greater than or equal to FS_Duration
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Set VariableSet FS_Timer = 0
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FS_Group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Picked unit) is A structure) Equal to False
                  • ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
                  • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of FS_Caster).) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Cause FS_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (FS_Dmg[(Level of Fire Spin for FS_Caster)] + ((Real((Strength of FS_Caster (Include bonuses)))) x 0.25)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_FS_Group)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FS_Point)
To being able to activate this one, is there a way to do this?

• Fire Slash Work
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Fire Slash for GDD_DamageSource) Greater than 0
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random real number between 0.00 and 1.00) Less than or equal to FireSlash_Chance[(Level of Fire Slash for GDD_DamageSource)]
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Play GDD_DamageSource's Spell Slam Third animation
          • Set VariableSet FireSlash_Damage = ((Base Damage of GDD_DamageSource for weapon index 0) + (Strength of GDD_DamageSource (Include bonuses)))
          • Set VariableSet FireSlash_CPoint = (Position of GDD_DamageSource)
          • Set VariableSet FireSlash_Group = (Units within 200.00 of FireSlash_CPoint.)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FireSlash_Group and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set VariableSet FireSlash_Target = (Picked unit)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (FireSlash_Target is A structure) Equal to False
                  • (FireSlash_Target is Mechanical) Equal to False
                  • (Owner of FireSlash_Target) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
                  • (FireSlash_Target is alive) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                  • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage FireSlash_Target, dealing (Real(FireSlash_Damage)) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
                • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FireSlash_CPoint)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_FireSlash_Group)
        • Else - Actions

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I attached an edited version of the GDD system. I added a new Boolean, GDD_Disable, and incorporated it into the system. Simply set it to True before dealing damage and that damage will be ignored by the system.

And there's always Bribe's Damage Engine which is 100x more advanced than these older systems. It does have a lot more variables though which could be bothersome, but that's the nature of GUI.

Attachments

• GDD 1.2.1 Demo U1.w3x
    24.2 KB · Views: 18
Level 7
I attached an edited version of the GDD system. I added a new Boolean, GDD_Disable, and incorporated it into the system. Simply set it to True before dealing damage and that damage will be ignored by the system.

And there's always Bribe's Damage Engine which is 100x more advanced than these older systems. It does have a lot more variables though which could be bothersome, but that's the nature of GUI.

So all i have to do iis copy the new GDD into my map which contains the "GDD_Disabled"?

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
All I did was add that GDD_Disable Variable and change the GDD code to take advantage of it.

So you can either delete your existing system folder and replace it with the one from my map, or simply create the variable yourself and update the code.

Level 7
All I did was add that GDD_Disable Variable and change the GDD code to take advantage of it.

So you can either delete your existing system folder and replace it with the one from my map, or simply create the variable yourself and update the code.
Yes i figured it out, thank you very much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.