• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger problem - "not all parameters have values"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have no idea why it sudden start not working. I was working on this certain trigger and it was fine itself. At some point I went to add camera feature in it, and then disable, enable.. etc.. then now it say "The trigger cannot be enabled because not all parameters have vales" .. what does it mean? all my actions and condition has variables. I don't even see any disabled action (red gear icon / red arrow icon). I somehow got around it with disabling conditions, enable trigger, then enable condition. The whole trigger works, but I do not understand why red arrow icon is in there, nothing is disabled this certain trigger. Anyone care to explain how to fix or is there any corrupt / bug risk in it?

Level 9
I personally have never heard of this yet. The editor isn't flawless, yes it's possible something went wrong when it checked, which you're running in to now.

I will need to see the trigger to tell wheter something is wrong with it. Copy it as text and paste in a post here so we can see it. (if you don't know how to do that, go to trigger editor, open up the trigger, then select the triggername at the top in the bottomright window and right-click it, click "copy as text")

Level 5
Part of trigger for Hangman sort of game, not for my VS Maul. Not a completed trigger but that's when I got red arrow onto this trigger. (when adding the very last "else")

Code:
guessedletter
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 1, 1))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 2, 2))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 3, 3))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 4, 4))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 5, 5))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 6, 6))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 7, 7))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 8, 8))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 9, 9))
                        enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, 10, 10))
            Then - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Length of selectedword), do (If (enteredletter Equal to (Substring(selectedword, (Integer A), (Integer A)))) then do (Set letters[((Integer A) - 1)] = enteredletter) else do (Do nothing))
                Set recreatedword = (letters[0] + (letters[1] + (letters[2] + (letters[3] + (letters[4] + (letters[5] + (letters[6] + (letters[7] + (letters[8] + letters[9])))))))))
                Set spacedcreated = ((letters[0] +  ) + ((letters[1] +  ) + ((letters[2] +  ) + ((letters[3] +  ) + ((letters[4] +  ) + ((letters[5] +  ) + ((letters[6] +  ) + ((letters[7] +  ) + ((letters[8] +  ) + (letters[9] +  ))))))))))
                Set spacedcreated = (String(spacedcreated) as Upper case)
                Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads spacedcreated at (Center of text <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 22.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Game - Display to (All players) for 4.00 seconds the text: (The letter  + (enteredletter + ( has been played. It's now  + ((Name of (Triggering player)) + 's turn to guess a new letter.))))
                Game - Display to (All players) for 2.00 seconds the text:  
                Game - Display to (All players) for 2.00 seconds the text:  
                Set enteredletter = (String(enteredletter) as Upper case)
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        recreatedword Equal to selectedword
                    Then - Actions
                        Set recreatedword = (((Substring(selectedword, 1, 1)) +  ) + (((Substring(selectedword, 2, 2)) +  ) + (((Substring(selectedword, 3, 3)) +  ) + (((Substring(selectedword, 4, 4)) +  ) + (((Substring(selectedword, 5, 5)) +  ) + (((Substring(selectedword, 6, 6)) +  ) + (((Substring(
                        Set recreatedword = (String(recreatedword) as Upper case)
                        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads recreatedword at (Center of text <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 22.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                        Set playerscore[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = (playerscore[(Player number of (Triggering player))] + 1)
                        Game - Display to (All players) for 4.00 seconds the text: ((Name of (Triggering player)) +  won this round, next word coming in 5 seconds.)
                        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Leaderboard - Change the value for (Picked player) in (Last created leaderboard) to playerscore[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                        Wait 5.00 seconds
                        Trigger - Run randselect <gen> (checking conditions)
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing
            Else - Actions
                Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Position of camunit) over 1.00 seconds)
                Wait 1.50 seconds
                Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to camunit, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation)
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 5, do (Unit - Order (Random unit from (Units in regions[(Integer A)])) to Move To (Center of regions[((Integer A) + 1)]))
                AI - Ignore camunit's guard position
                Wait 3.00 seconds
                Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Position of Archer 0010 <gen>) over 1.00 seconds)
                Wait 1.00 seconds
                Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to Archer 0010 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation)

*edit, I can see that Set "recreateword =" are chopped off in here, but I check, it isn't chop off in GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.