• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advance triggers in WE won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Let me just start off by saying yes i put this

Map initialization
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Advanced - Initialize advanced triggers

and it has it disabled... and it will not let me enable it because of...

Line 433: Expected a function name

function Trig_Map_Initialization_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
call InitAdvancedTriggers( )
endfunction

That is the pop up notification i get and the only thing i can do is click ok or the X to close it... so why doesn't it work?

Please help me

Level 2
VGsatomi said:
Solution: Dont use WEU

Then how will i get this to work?...
I need to increase UNIT's health by 25 per LVL, the UNIT's level by 1 per LVL, and armor by 1 per 7LVL

WEU has those options and...
map-maker said:
gotta enable advanced trigger editor in the WEU enhancer
i couldnt find the advanced trigger editor in the WEU enhancer... only options i have are as follows

Create new map
Edit map
editor settings(i checked in here and did not see that option)
disable WE limits
Open WEU
Open UMSWE
Open MUMSWE with WEU patch
start game with WEU patch
create interface icon
information
Exit

So i need either a jass code for those options up there or an alternative solution... it would take a solid week straight 24/7 to change the units settings 1 by 1 so im not doing that(BTW i have 300 units that im dealing with here so im trying to use triggers to help me)

Level 4
i myself only use WEU to create the map file for purposes of extra tiles in a map or w/e but i use good ol' WE for the actual map editing and to you Bervan click edit map open your map up and select the checkbox that said Enable Advanced Trigger Editor

Level 2
Rahh! plz help more? everyone is getting off topic.

-=Emergenzy=- said:
Then how will i get this to work?...
I need to increase UNIT's health by 25 per LVL, the UNIT's level by 1 per LVL, and armor by 1 per 7LVL

Edit the item Manual of Health to increase hp by 25. Then when your hero gain a level, give him the items.

I am NOT dealing with hero's.... I am dealing with regular units and a tower defense... the increasing levels are different creeps. Creeps have levels too... but im not so worried about that right now... this is what ive narrowed my triggers down to.... but they dont work.

Heres my triggers:

Code:
Waves Full
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set LVL = (LVL + 1)
        Set UNIT = Black Spider 1
        Set EnemyCount = 20
        Set EnemyCount_per_side = (EnemyCount / 2)
        Trigger - Run Waves <gen> (checking conditions)
        Wait Wave_seconds seconds
        Set LVL = (LVL + 1)
        Set Unit_Life = (Unit_Life + 25)
        Set Unit_Armor = (Unit_Armor + 1)
        Set UNIT = Crypt Fiend 2
        Set EnemyCount = (EnemyCount + 2)
        Set EnemyCount_per_side = (EnemyCount / 2)
        Trigger - Run Waves <gen> (checking conditions)
        Wait Wave_seconds seconds
Etc.Etc.Etc all the way to 100.

Waves
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to EnemyCount_per_side, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 UNIT for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Red <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
                Advanced - For (Last created unit) Increase defense by Unit_Armor
                Advanced - For (Last created unit) Increase life maximum by Unit_Life
                Unit - Create 1 UNIT for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Blue <gen>) facing 90.00 degrees
                Advanced - For (Last created unit) Increase defense by Unit_Armor
                Advanced - For (Last created unit) Increase life maximum by Unit_Life
                Set EnemyCount_per_side = (EnemyCount_per_side - 1)
                Wait 0.05 seconds

So can someone help me spot out the problem because it does not set the life or armor values I put in with the advanced settings... so maybe someone can tell me a regular setting or how I can adjust the advanced settings or maybe JASS can save me and my map, I don't know, all I know is that I need help. :D

Level 2
Hello, is there anybody out there? Just nod if u can hear me. Because no one is helping me out :( :cry:

Level 1
I don't know how these boards work, but on every civilized online forum that I visit (the few and far between) ie. not WoW, bumping ones thread is frowned upon.

InitAdvancedTriggers( )
Does not exist.
WEU is garbage, abandon it. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.