• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Attack Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
ok.. forget what i just typed out... i have all that working... here's what i need to know now...

i'm trying to use a weu trigger:

Advanced - Special Effect create missle

when i set it up and try to save the map it disables that trigger and says "expected a function name" and then highlights the advanced line...

JASS:
    call CreateMissileEffect( GetUnitLoc(udg_Shooter), GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()), "Abilities\\Weapons\\AncestralGuardianMissile\\AncestralGuardianMissile.mdl", 1, false )

Level 2
any way to get that unit position to be more real-time? the way it looks is that the missiles are being fired from where the 'shooter' was like a second ago...

Level 2
yeah... i'm trying to basically duplicate the effect that is in some of the battleship maps.. the effect where you can move around and still shoot multiple missiles from the 'shooter'... barrage doesn't work while moving... i tried pheonix fire and that seems very unreliable, espeically on the number of targets... so, i set up a trigger that basically acquires 6 random units within 3000 range of the 'shooter' and then does that advanced missle effect, then using 'damage unit' from the normal triggers shortly after. neither the missle effect or the 'damage unit' trigger require the 'shooter' to be standing still... if there is another way, i'd be very appreciative to hear about it!

:shock:

Level 2
it's just so unreliable when done like that... you get anywhere from 0 to 12 targets sometimes...

i may need the dummies version of help on this, because i've just drained myself on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.