• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TRIGGER(MEMORY LEAK) Shooter game Help plox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
In this map Attached please can you create the sufficiant trigger to remove my memory leaks and then leave a note of how you did it. As i have checked a guide and still have little clue about how to fix memory leaks (Especially in the movement parts) as when ever i create a custom trigger i then cant implement it with the gui thanks. I will also add your name to credits. For all your hard work

Also how do i get the animation to work as the units move?

Or can you just implement an example so that i may see what i must do and i can do da rest.
Thank you for your time

Attachments

• Help.w3x
    399.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Level 12
Complete list of things that leak - The Hive Workshop

Do what it says in that link, and you can remove leaks. Remember if you need to use that piece of information again in the same trigger, and you've already cleaned it, you'll run into issues, so always clear the leak after you don't need it anymore. So, with group variables, only do the WantDestroyGroup command if you're only using that unit group once in the trigger. Otherwise you have to do "call DestroyGroup(udg_VarName)" after you're done using it, or you'll run into null errors and map would crash.

Points, locations, groups, sounds, effects all leak. But, I warn you, don't clean a sound leak, cuz you'll be unable to use that sound again the rest of the game.

Level 17
Complete list of things that leak - The Hive Workshop

Do what it says in that link, and you can remove leaks. Remember if you need to use that piece of information again in the same trigger, and you've already cleaned it, you'll run into issues, so always clear the leak after you don't need it anymore. So, with group variables, only do the WantDestroyGroup command if you're only using that unit group once in the trigger. Otherwise you have to do "call DestroyGroup(udg_VarName)" after you're done using it, or you'll run into null errors and map would crash.

Points, locations, groups, sounds, effects all leak. But, I warn you, don't clean a sound leak, cuz you'll be unable to use that sound again the rest of the game.

Em yeh i already read both the turtorial on hive and on the helper. I know what each custom script is the problem is. When i input it into custom script then i cant select it as a group on the spawn or the movement for some reason D:. Tyx for trying anyway

Oh and Ghostthruster thanks its helped me realise what i did wrong with my map :p. I put all the release together instead of seperate. Ty also for leak examples

my 2nd Problem is . What it The unit animation name For rifleman to walk as you use movement. Cause i tried walk but that doesnt work and i tried Run

Level 17
Its okay its definately explained to me what i did wrong anyways thanks Ghostthruster

Edit: Fixed for u Vizel. Learn something new everyday :p

Last edited:
Level 12
thruster, not thuder, mate. lol. and that is always good. Keep learning, ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.