• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Trigger Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm trying to make a trigger, but I'm not quite sure how to get it to do what I want. My attempts thus far have failed.

I have a building, which can be upgraded into 5 different ones. What I want is, when you upgrade to a, b, c, d, or e, upon completion, a unit is created besides it.

So basically it would be something like:

Event - Unit of type owned by Player # does the upgrade.

Condition - Upgrade is equal to ****.

Action - Create unit besides building (or a region besides the building, doesn't really matter).

So all I need is for someone to show me how to do the trigger, then I can repeat it for the other 4 buildings and units.

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 028
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Cannon Tower
          • *Add unit types here*
    • Actions
      • Set point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)

Level 8
Just to clarify, the triggering unit should be the building I am upgrading to correct? Rather than the one being upgraded.

Edit: How's this look?

ChooseGovPlayer5
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Finishes an upgrade
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Government Building (Absolute Monarchy)
Actions
Set point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Create 1 Monarch for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at point facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)

Status
Not open for further replies.