• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i will get to the point. i have created a scuicidal spell where it freezes all people around the hero including the hero and kills them. it is suppose to revive the hero but when i made the revive hero spell it revives them but they still have chunks of ice in them and when the trigger revives the hero you cant click on the hero please help :?

Level 11
Umm... your english is pretty confusing. So... You made a suicidal spell which kills and freezes all the units around AND including the hero? And then you want the hero to be revived? You can actually REVIVE the hero yourself. Before you begin the spell itself, add him to a Game Cache (if you are going to use this spell for a campaign it's even better) and then after he dies and you wait ten seconds CREATE him from the game cache, applying the Revive Hero effect upon him. Hope this works...

Level 6
Well use If/then/else!If you're using Pick Every unit within casting unit use this code:
Code:
                                              If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        ((Picked unit) is owned by (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to False
    Then - Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for Neutral Passive at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (Make a spell that freezes) (Picked unit)
    Else - Actions
        Do nothing
The spell won't freeze or kill any of your units!

Level 6
The dummy caster should be an invisible unit(Use the pathing blocker model)and unselectable (Add the Locust ability to the caster).Also make a freezing spell and add it with trigger to the Dummy catser.You should add a experition timer to the caster!

Level 11
Umm...Should it unaffect the allied units as well? Use an OR into the condition and give the first condition the one vicky said and the second one... Do a boolean and make sure that ((picked unit) belongs to an ally of (owner of (casting unit))) equal to false. That should solve the ally problem as well.

As for the dummy, make sure he doesn't cost any food. Good luck!

Level 5
wow you guys know tons compared to me lol this is my first time doing triggers and i still have no clue about a locust spell? game cache?

Level 11
Locust is a skill (or ability... name it however you want) like... let's say Slow Aura (Tornado). It cannot be seen like other passive skills (like Evasion, Critical Strike etc) so it's very useful. Add this ability to an unit and it becomes untargetable and invulnerable. Very useful if you want to make for example spells with big effects. People kept asking how they could increase the size of, flamestrike effect for example. You can make a dummy unit that looks like that effect and create it at the right moment. ;)

Level 5
ok ill tell you exactly how i want it if you explain please explain like step by step and much simpler terms plz :oops: i want this spell like it is to kill all enemies and allies except buildings in 1 hit. it should freeze them but after my spell happens the hero should revive. i dont know how to do the game cache thing and how to make levels please explain. the spell model is the frost nova but when i revive my ice mage from altar he has ice hanging in him please tell me how to remove. my dragon has an ability much like the phoenix the ability is when it shoots bolts of fire at enemies without attacking.

Level 11
I hope the game cache solves the problem. Well, you know how to make the event and condition for the spell (hopefully) so I'll get past this now. Now, the first action is "Game cache - Create Game Cache". You create the Game cache for your own map. THEN, you make Game Cache variable and give it whatever name you want. The following action is to set variable. Get your variable and make it be equal with (Last Created Game Cache). Then you do the "Game Cache - Store Unit" and store the casting unit, with whatever Label and Cattegory you want, in your game cache (give the variable). Ok, I believe that the cattegory could be done by converting an integer to string, and give the integer the value of triggering player. This will assure that more than one player can cast the spell at a time. Make sure to give a good Label and obviously remember both the label and the Cattegory.

Now you will need to add a nice variable which will be the position of (Casting Unit). Make the variable an array and give to the array number the Player Number of the (Triggering Player).

After you have done the freezing part and killed all the units around the caster you can play the caster's Death Animation, wait how much it lasts (EXACT timing) and remove the unit. After the time of reviving seconds you can just "Game Cache - Restore Unit", giving the exact label and cattegory you gave above. You will have the unit return at the Region variable you made, giving the same array number you gave above. Add animations if you like... That should do it.

Level 6
man if the ice is a buff just add an action Unit - remove specific buff(Your buff)If it's just a special effect simply make a variable of special effect and set it as last created special effect and at the end do the action remove (Your variable name)Try it! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.