• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

trigger help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im trying to make a leader board that shows lives. You start with 3 and lose when you run out. I can get the board to show up but I can't figure out how to make it subtract from it when you die.
Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

Level 9
a leaderboard is designed to show only kills, to do what you need, you're gonna have to make a multiboard.
To learn how to set up a multiboard, i suggest you start looking for a tutorial, i'm sure there's one out there.
If you need help making one, you can also pm me, and i'll see what i can do for you.

Level 6
Angelusz said:
a leaderboard is designed to show only kills, to do what you need, you're gonna have to make a multiboard.
To learn how to set up a multiboard, i suggest you start looking for a tutorial, i'm sure there's one out there.
If you need help making one, you can also pm me, and i'll see what i can do for you.

That's wrong, i use them to show both lives and level in my TD! Just update your leaderboard to your life variable whenever you loose a life.

Level 6
Hi

forget what the other guy said, its easy to do what you want with a leaderboard.

First, set the leaderboard up.

Then you need a trigger which goes (something) like this:

Event:
A unit dies

Conditions:
--whatever you want, probably this;
Dying unit is a Hero equal to True
Owner of Dying unit equal to User

Actions:
Set Lives[Player number of (owner of (Dying unit))]=Lives[Player number of (owner of (Dying unit)) -1]
Leaderboard - set value for (owner of (Dying Unit)) in (last created leaderboard) to Lives[Player number of (owner of (Dying unit))

and that should do it
Hope that helps
Bort

Level 3
i had my trigger set up exactly the way you say bort minus the owner of dying unit = user but i can't find where that is to put it in.

Level 16
errrrr.... no. That is to check that the owner ISN'T neutral/enemy or someone who is already dead. The condition is just mixed up in your case
Event:
A unit dies

Conditions:
--whatever you want, probably this;
Dying unit is a Hero equal to True
Owner of Dying unit not equal to neutral

Actions:
Set Lives[Player number of (owner of (Dying unit))]=Lives[Player number of (owner of (Dying unit)) -1]
Leaderboard - set value for (owner of (Dying Unit)) in (last created leaderboard) to Lives[Player number of (owner of (Dying unit))

Level 3
well it works now i just had somthing screwed up in the variables thanks for help guys.

Level 6
hi again

I didnt have WE running when i made that (dont now either) but that condition was meant to check that the owner of the unit was controlled by a user (as opposed to computer or rescuable or whatever else there is)

glad i was able to help,
Bort

Status
Not open for further replies.