1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Trigger help mee!

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by GreatCustomMapMaker, Jun 7, 2005.

1. GreatCustomMapMaker

GreatCustomMapMaker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How do i make a certain character(like a peasant who is a player) get $$ for doing a certain deed or job kinda like the jobs on Loap well exactly like loap? Just like LOAP(Life Of A Peasant)plz help me somebody? :( :? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

2. SLNR

SLNR

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok...lemme give you an example..
    for mayor, they make it 'every x seconds of game' 'owner of mayor job gets x gold'
    for stuff like the doctor...the creeps drop the gold
    for others, either wait for a better reply, or check a loap..
    -SLNR

3. Dragon_Lord

Dragon_Lord

Resources:
    Resources:
    For the mayor:

Events:
    A unit enters [region where he gets the job]

Conditions:
    Owner of (entering unit) equal to Player 01 Red

Actions:
    Set Player 01 Red = Mayor

Next trigger for mayor:

Events:
    Player 01 Red = Mayor
    Every [number of seconds you want him to get payed] of game

Conditions:

Actions:
    Add [amount of gold/lumber/food you want to add to the player's total amount of gold/lumber/food] to Player 01 Red's total amount of gold/lumber/food.

Notes:
    1. This was made just out of my head, I don't know if those are the exact functions.
    2. You will have to make these two triggers for each of the players that can become mayor, just changing Player 01 Red to the color you want, i.e. Player 02 Blue.

Hope that helps.
    Dragon_Lord

4. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe I can tell you an easier way, but I think Dragon_Lord's way will work.
    Good Luck :wink:

-Rui

5. OrderofPhoenix

OrderofPhoenix

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why don't you just play LoaP...