• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger Help] Bugged set name trigger, other ways ? Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok i just found out that set name trigger is abit buggy and i need help if there are other ways to do this

Im making a map where they have trigger tags beside their name like John (Death) if John kills some stuff his name will immediately change to John (Killer) but the strange thing is that if i set a trigger to change his name (Use name) + (Killer) it will be changed to like John (Death) (Killer) which is not what i want

Anyhelp ?

Level 13
The problem is that if the name is changed to "John (Death)", it's the new user name. So e.g. the next trigger will set the user name (which is "John (Death)") + the "(Killer)", so the result is "John (Death) (Killer)"

You need to remove the "name add". I have some ideas how this could be done, will post them later after I've tested them.

Level 3
Ok i've just tested the trigger and found out if u just use set name (a new name) your name will change completely if u use (something) + (something) it will just add extra stuff behind ur original nick but i cant seem to get my tag thing working

Level 8
I think you'll want to make a string variable array and store the original name of each player in the array indexed by their player number. Then, in your trigger, set their name to stringArName[Player number] + "(killer)", etc. This way it will be adding the suffix only to the original name each time, instead of adding it to an already-modified name.

Level 8
It's actually not that bad. While I'm willing to help you, I don't just want to spoon-feed you the trigger; I'd like to be able to help you learn it on your own.

If you don't understand variable arrays, we can sort that out. If you don't understand event responses or just general trigger construction, then I think you'll need to just mess around with the system a little more, and get a feel for it.

Feel free to post what you've got for a trigger so far here.

Status
Not open for further replies.