• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Editor: Undeclared Function... What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, so I'm trying to implement Tank-Commander's Massive Cleave in my map but this always pops up when I try running the game. What does this mean and how can I fix this? I've tried searching it in the internet and did the solutions of other problems that seemed identical to mine but the same thing pops up. +rep for anyone who can help me. Thanks in advance.
Untitled d.jpg

~El

Level 17
This means this function was not defined at the moment you're trying to call it.

JASS has a very simple and primitive parsing model. If the function you're trying to call is defined after the call site, it won't work. It might also just be missing.

Level 4
So how can I fix this?

It worked perfectly fine on the downloaded and unedited map: Massive Cleave
But whenever I tried making small changes to that map too such as placing a unit that wasn't in that map originally it also displays the same error.

Level 13
Taken from the resource's page:
JASS:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//                     MASSIVE CLEAVE V1.01                       //
//  Author: Tank-Commander                                        //
//  Purpose: A powerful keepaway ability for scaring opposition   //
//                                                                //
//  Requires:                                                     //
//    - (optional) BUS_Knockback by Tank-Commander                //
//      remove lines outlined by "******" in code if not used     //
Apparently you need to either remove the lines mentioned or add BUS_Knockback (from this) into your map. Kind of a shame, the original author could've easily avoided this by using vJass and adding an optional require and a couple of checks. Sure, plain JASS might've been the more user-friendly choice at the time but since JassHelper is included with the Editor now it kinda ruins it imo.

Level 13
...huh... then I guess there's a problem with the order in which the scripts are compiling? Weird. Must be new to the patch (or an error in Jasshelper) since the map you downloaded works fine. Ok, then we must make sure BUS_Knockback is parsed first.
Take the Knockback script:

(This one)
JASS:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//             Boss Ultimate Spellpack Knockback V1.01            //
Add library BUSKnockback as the first line and endlibrary as the last line.

It's a bit extreme as a solution but it *has* to work after this.

Last edited:
Level 4
It does work sir on the original map that I messed with but not on my map, it does run the triggers right but there were bugs in animations.
Sorry for the late reply though. I took time messing with stuffs in it just to fix the bugs but yeah, it seems my map is bugged or something.
Thank you for your time sir! +rep for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.