1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Trigger desired unit

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by InSaNe_97, Oct 7, 2017.

1. InSaNe_97

InSaNe_97

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ye' that's my problem today, I need somehow to trigger desired unit, I don't know to do this, can it be done?

2. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    and what excactly do you want your unit to do? or did you mean aggravate the unit to attack anything nearby?

3. InSaNe_97

InSaNe_97

Resources:
    Resources:
    Something like I want to create new non-hero unit (exactly unit like died unit) after for example 60s after same-type unit die. But there are problem: There is lot of different units, how to create unit what I want? I can't select this unit, there is no way in triggers?

4. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would really help if you improved your english, because right now it's pretty hard to understand your question.

The way I understand it - you have some units of type X on the map. If one of them dies, you want to create another unit of the same type. Is that it?

5. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Generally you reference units by events they trigger. So, for the dying unit example, you'd use a "Unit Dies" event, and reference it by using the "triggering unit" or "dying unit" variable.

6. InSaNe_97

InSaNe_97

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just want select my unit in triggers, for example select footman, where I can do with triggers everything I want to footman what is so hard to understand?

7. Marcos_M

Marcos_M

Resources:
    Resources:
    Selection - Select unit for player??
    Is that it?

8. mr po

mr po

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    U mean like "create 1 footman at location x" trigger? That trigger u can select units you want

9. millzy

millzy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Unit variable ?

Set it to the unit you want to do x with?

There are many ways of doing this tho it depends on what u want to do with the unit and when the trigger is used to do x to your unit.

Ull have to give more info for people to help you